A couple of folks I would like to thank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of folks I would like to thank

First off, let me say that this topic was waaaaaay overdue. I am sorry about the terrible timing.

About a month or two after I joined this forum, and I got interested in knapping, our good friend Jay, (OnewiththewilD) asked if it was alright if he could send a package of primitives and projects. I at first had to decline, because of the current situation of the world and I had only been a member for a month or so. About two months ago, he asked again, and finally it was okay to say yes. it was about three weeks later when I got the package. This man knows how to pack a box!I have never seen such a tiny box hold so much stuff! Inside was a knife handle, pine pitch, leather hand pads, samples of Chlorite, Serpentine, and Steatite, garbage pail kids cards, a pendant, a dart and a quartz point he made, rawhide, sinew and a bunch of written instructions! Honestly, that box was so small, and when I opened it, stuff began spilling out due to the cramped nature of the package, lol! Since then, I have used a good amount of it to make some trinkets and a knife. Sorry I took so long. Thanks Jay!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0322.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	335850 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0324.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	335851 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0325.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	335852 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0326.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	335853 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0327.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	335854 This is not all the pics. I'll add more later.

And finally I would like to thank D. J. (Lindenmeier-Man) for the fun contest and pure generosity. Even though I didn't win, he still sent me a dart point, for which I am very thankful for. D. J., you're awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1221122.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	335855
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Awesome Gift's Ethan, Thanks for Sharing.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

The folks on this forum are second to none Ethan, I have to ask though as to what what wrong with the state of the world that made you pass on the offer?
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        We are a cautious group. Because I was 15 at the time, and frankly I didn't know you guys all that well, we decided to keep it safe.

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that you guys are all my friends, and I have had two good experiences, free trade is now allowed and welcomed. I can't wait to give somebody my Secret Santa gift. I hope whoever I give it to likes it!

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I am glad that it was just you and your folks being cautious Ethan. There are definitely some wackos out there.

Ethan
      It gives me great pleasure to encourage anyone to be involved with NA history... The story is still being written...I find that any time that I’ve given a artifact away, ( This is True) that I will find more and better artifacts ! I don’t own any artifacts that I find, they belong to the future ! Young people are the future ! JJ
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        And it's my job to keep doing what you are doing right now!

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That is correct !

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey JJ, That is a beautiful point and you are very generous. I love the gift.

I also forgot to mention this. Since I had to sign for the arrowhead, I walked outside when the mail lady came. She had the box, and she curiously asked what's in it? I told her, "It's a Bulverde Dart point from the Archaic to early Woodland period of North America." I have never seen her that confused before, lol! She had a headache trying to decipher what I said, ha ha!

Comment

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's quite a mouthful even with us collectors Ethan. I can only imagine her confusion. Lol

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

Hey Ethan, I understand your caution in today's world. I have great trust in all the long time members. Jay (OnewiththewilD) is as solid as rock. New members come and go and some can not be believed.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hey Ethan, Those are all great gifts. I believe that Jay has more ancient skills than any of us and he freely shares his knowledge and beautiful projects. The greatest gifts that I have received from many Arrowheads.com members is knowledge of the ancient American history.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
          Hey Ethan, Those are all great gifts. I believe that Jay has more ancient skills than any of us and he freely shares his knowledge and beautiful projects. The greatest gifts that I have received from many Arrowheads.com members is knowledge of the ancient American history.

Ron, ever since I have been on this forum, I have felt welcomed. This forum has brought me friends, knowledge and now a new skill. I enjoy ya'lls company, stories and expertise on a lot of things. I have learned so much being on here, that I would never learn in school. Others may come and go, but I am here to stay!

Comment

Very nice . Best second family ever here 🤗

Comment

Ethan, us older members also gain from you membership and participation. We get to watch as you learn and share your knowledge. Your posts of your finds and help identifying other's finds demonstrates your maturity and knowledge. We're glad you're here and truly hope you stick with it because it's active members like you who will carry this website into the future.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                I will be the first to agree 100% with you Chuck.

• BabaORiley
                BabaORiley commented
                Editing a comment
                What he said all the way...

Ethan you truly have a knack for your hobby. Your enthusiasm and willingness to listen and learn is a tremendous asset that has really been lost in todays pushbutton world. Nice work and dont ever stop being who you are...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Awesome gift Jay and great work Ethan!
                N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Jay's a good man and KP your a good kid...keep doing what your doing...I've been on here learning and posting since I ran into Matt back in June in a cornfield when he was visiting here in Connecticut from his new home in Tennessee. ...we each found a sweet arrowhead. Now I'm on here very day with some good people I enjoy. . Red
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                  X