Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Avitar

When it comes to the holidays I think of being so thankful
    for so many things . One of them are my friends on AH .
    We have made many wonderful friendships trades and I am so thankful and I appreciate each one I have posted . Now since I cannot post because of this darn phone you will just have to go off the Avitar .
    Back when I started Chuck ( Scorpian ) usd to say those are some purdy lithics from Georgia . Hmm ok give me your address and I send you that red stuff you like . Well the snowball started in trades .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tams5.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	336174 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tams6.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	336175

My Avitar is actually a leather inlay on a beautiful handmade display case for arrowheads/points .
    This is a type of skill and art that was very popular in the 60’s . You could find shops with purses or other objects made out of leather with hand tooled images on them like my Avitar . Stained and accented to perfection this had become a lost art ! Etan I can just see your mind reading ..
    Just the smell of the leather and the beautiful hand tooled image brought back memories long gone by but never forgotten .
    I now proudly display some of our points and other artifacts in this case and enjoy the special attention Chuck took in even choosing the wood knowing I like character and even a knot in my wood and some distinct patterns .
    life is good here on AH and it’s a good place to rest your hat
    and have some great reads and shares . And if your lucky some wonderful trades along with those friendships .
    MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone .

Last edited by Scorpion68; 12-05-2018, 08:41 PM.

Nice post Tam. This is a great group here. I really think that if we all just met sometime it would be like seeing old friends. You can feel the genuineness of folks in their words as the pen is mightier than the sword. I have seen some of our folks here show tremendous couth and tact in dealing with certain issues and that reflects upon new members as to just what we stand for. Congratulations to all on a wonderful site...lets keep it going!!!
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I have tried leather working in the past, but I impaled my hands multiple times and my mom didn't think to highly of it. Nevertheless, because of my knapping and primitive interests, I think I will try it again. It probably won't look as good as that, but since when has anybody started out as a professional?

That is some dandy handiwork right there. You are right, it has kinda become a lost art. A lot of old trades are dying off with the older generations. Kids would rather find Pokemons or other meaningless things. I was never like that. I like working with my hands. I just hope there are more kids out there willing to not let the good ol' days die.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        And it shows Etthan . From your hobbies to your knaping hut . We speak of you in groups and it’s good to know there are some young people out there that enjoy the outdoors and the skills it takes to be in it as well as enjoy it .

You hit the nail square on the head there Tam. I started hand tooling leather in 1965 under the tutor of Navy Chief J J Yandel in Pensacola, Florida and have been hooked ever since. It's a super stress reliever and just another one of those fading skills. I'm hoping my daughter, Kristy will pick up on it one of these days. I'll bet I've got over a 1K worth of tools and equipment, not to mention sides of different weight leather. Ah Well. Time will tell. Thanks for the good words Tam, as well as the Jasper and pottery you sent.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I love it, Tam.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Very nice! Love those custom made pieces.
          South Carolina

Comment

And those polished rocks are Johnny and his talent for my GD . Then for you Jethto that pottery is a type of Japanese style called raku . They fire it on the beach with banana leaves that leave that black color where there is no glaze applied my pottery loving friend .πŸ€™πŸ€™πŸ€™

Comment

Merry Christmas Tam, cool Frame too!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That is a nice frame!
                South Dakota

Comment

That’s Chuck and his talent .

Comment

Working...
                  X