Waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste

Anyone in other parts of the country ever see one of Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181223_090151.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	339691 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181223_090228.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	339692 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181223_090243.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	339693 these?
    SW Connecticut

Nope. Neat!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Back in the 60s every house in the neighborhood had one in back yard. ..for your organic garbage. Food etc... The iron ring flipped up. There's a 4 gallon galvanized can comes out ...a garbage truck went thru neighborhood. ..and huge guys with big old galvanized tubs they carried ontheir shoulder would cut thru back yards and empty like 5 yards and go out to truck and dump it. I can still smell the stuff in the summer was wicked. ...that's when every house had a 50 gallon drum out back and burned everything else.. times have changed? Wow ...I saw this one behind a friend's garage the other day. Most were broken up and filled in

nope never seen one. where i grew up organic waste got fed to the hogs

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah lotta you guys grew up in big farm country. .that's a better option hogs...

Yup we got them over here too in yards from that period, I know a guy who burns junk in his right in the ground lol
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I have seen a few, but I forget which town. It might have been in Pennsylvania, but i'm not sure.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

We had one Our house was a cape built in 57 . It also had a milk chute . A small door that was accessed from outside for the milk delivery. It could be opened from inside to retrieve the milk. It was near the back door at floor level. Click image for larger version

Name:	milk.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	339723
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice ...never saw one of those Matt. Had a milk box on the porch
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Now that’s interesting I have never seen that . Wonder what the tought process was on that back then . I remember being at my Aunt house in Chicago and everyone had an incinerator to burn their garbage . 50 years ago boy times have changed .
            I hear now you can’t sell a house in parts of Cal with a wood burning fireplace .

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. ...it makes sense I guess after the devastation fire causes there every year right?

We composted our food garbage and used it on the vegetable garden.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice that sounds normal ..most if these yards were not big enough for gardens

We burn paper and cardboard, and then have the trashman take away the rest.

My grandfather used to burn anything and everything. He drove us batty with that. Thick black smoke would pour out of an ancient rusty 55 gal. drum from the second world war. I think he about put Schuylkill county under EPA lock down, lol!

Sadly he passed away in 2013.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              I know it's incredible what we as a human race did not knowing the repercussions. EPAlockdown...now that's a good one!

Just watched Aquaman and this may be a spoiler but the sea people threw back all the garbage we throw into the ocean . Jason the star is here across the street to stay .Hos Fsd lives down the street . Photo bombed a wedding picture . Look it up !! Funny
            boy that’s off subject

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              They threw garbage back? Yeah we prob deserve it hahaha I

Sorry his Dad lives down the street . Not speaking Dothraki

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Dothraki LOL