I’ve lost it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve lost it !

I’ve officially lost my mind.. The weather has gone from bad to worse...Rain , snow, NE wind.. I can’t go look for artifacts...It’s cloudy..Might just snow...I usually go out on the weekends to hunt.. I’m gonna go dig in the medicine cabinet..... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

You can't find them all , save a few for when the weather is better.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah really Johnny. These guys in Texas go for a loaf of bread and find three G-!0s...

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha Ha! Your right! Even their scrapers are awesome!

Hey, don't get down. Not much better here. Here's something that may help...

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	56
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	340530
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I almost went this morning before work but I remembered the other day the creek was flooded. Drove by it on the way to work and it was empty. Now it’s pouring again 😩
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Broken Arrow
          Broken Arrow commented
          Editing a comment
          That's always a bummer to miss the window for hunting. Hey KP, the fields are prime right now. They are starting to wash down and settle and reveal their treasures. Throw on your coat and muck boots and get out there!

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          The fields around here are weed, stubble, and stalk filled messes.

• Broken Arrow
          Broken Arrow commented
          Editing a comment
          Still worth the attempt. If dirt is showing, the artifacts are too.

Ah but remember guys - this weather will bring new finds. It's all good. The creeks will rise and fall and bring more points and stuff to find as will the hillsides and gullies. They'll wash out anew and give us more places to look for those illusive perfect points and blades. I keep watching these logging roads and man I can hardly wait to get out there but - I'll take a breather and let Mother Nature do her thing first. Patience guys and gals - good times are a coming!!!
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          The light at the end of the tunnel is closer than you think. After the Daytona 500, and before Bristol comes a wonderful, and magical time: Spring. With spring comes warmth, freshly plowed fields, and better sunlight As agonizing, boring and annoying it is to sit out and stare at snow, just remember whats coming. 2019!

I’m hoping it has washed some sand and mud away last flood deposited a lot in my favorite spot
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I went out. Slipped and fell in the mud. Covered head to toe. Good times.

Curse you raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            You are very right. Rain is good for us artifact hunter folks, but too much can really put a damper on things. I think that this is just post-Christmas, pre-winter blues kicking in.

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Often Referred to as Cabin Fever KP. And in the Submarine Service, we referred to it as Channel Fever - getting restless, couldn't sleep, couldn't concentrate on any one thing for long as we were headed home from a patrol.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            no Snow or ice here just rain

Ok we have great weather here in Hawaii but no artifact hunting . I only get to go twice a year .
          feeling the pain ..

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Hawaii! Must be nice and warm there. It's 65 today, but I could go for 80 about now...

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tam - I'll send ya some of these pieces I have on the porch and you can scatter them along the beach then go pick them up. That'll make you feel like you're Back Home In Georgia (well almost)

I decided to go look today seeing the creek was so low yesterday. It’s not low now and it’s even full at quartz creek all is flooded. I was dreaming of finding a killer point last night but it didn’t come true
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah Now SurfaceHunter - don't quit dreaming about that killer point. It's out there Just wait'n for ya. A friend of mine says he thinks the Chinese commercial pilots drop these points out all over as they fly their transit routes and that's why we find more in some places rather than others. Hum?

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Aliens.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Never knew that maybe I should wear a hard hat while hunting for now on 😃

I hope you guys have a sense of humor!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B85BFCC-FC7F-4F3D-84BB-3039EA4F6CF0.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	340777
          South Dakota

Comment

• Josie
            Josie commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! So true. Here in SC you can't find bread or milk if the forecast calls for a slight chance of flurries. Lol. I know I can't drive in snow and ice so I just stay home!

-25 F last night. The sun dogs were out yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	6F6F4676-647B-4CEF-8647-44856F334A38.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	340779
          South Dakota

Comment

Dang Gary what’s your heating bill? The pic of traffic looks like Atlanta believe it or not the traffic is like that at 6am. I don’t drive in it if I have to go through it I do it at 3am just to pass by no traffic at that time
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
            X