My Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Topic

Positive Thought's haven't always been My Thing and actually that's negative, see? End of The Year Topic I guess, and I don't even know exactly what to talk about. Life and Thing's I guess, Life can Strip Thing's from You but You are still You. Sometimes The past is Something People want to forget about, maybe They are optimistic or just looking or moving forward but I like The past! That's just Me, wether It be 30 or 1 Year ago. What's a Resolution right?

I'm just Here, stuck in The middle. Not in past or Future that's OK I guess as We're all in The same Boat on That. Actually some of The Future makes Me sick. I'm just saying, probably because People wan't to keep on improving on Stuff when actually Thing's were just fine or Great already. Why mess with a good Thing? Of course that really depend's on what I'm talking about but nothing specific. Maybe in a few Year's The Car's will be The Phones, wait that has probably been done. Maybe The Phones will be Houses and Car's! Did You hear about that Guy sleeping in The Car that drove Itself?

Like I said I like The past, but I should probably look forward and try to brighten My Day's!I need some Happy New Year Everyone!
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 12-28-2018, 05:54 AM.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Well Josh, that was a roundabout way to say Happy New Year.
    Back at you my friend.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      It's Life, Thanks Bruce! It's been a Good Year (for Me) I don't know about next year though, ha.
      Last edited by JoshinMO; 12-28-2018, 07:27 AM.

Actually Josh - some of what you say makes sense. Our modern technology is a double edged sword - it's good in some ways and bad in others. I'm not so sure we're better off today than we a few years ago. Admittedly medical advances have greatly improved on the quality of life for hundreds of thousands of people. Technology has speeded up our lifestyles to the point that many people don't know how to set back and relax to enjoy life. It's gotta be now or never. Cars that drive themselves but can't recognize a human being crossing the street but that's progress. Computers do everything for us to the point that we forget how to do for ourselves. I would really like to be an optimist but I also know human nature - so - I'm pessimistic about our future world. Still - I'm old fashioned enough to have faith and hope for our future, enough so that I will wish everyone a Safe and Prosperous New Year. My New Years wish is "May the Good Lord guide our future progress and allow mankind those advances that will benefit us and not destroy us."
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Post Chuck, Thanks

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Chuck, A Gas Station I like to go to has TV's in The Pump! I don't want that lol.

I tend to agree with both you and Chuck. Some of my best memories are in the past. Hopefully some will be in the future.
    South Dakota

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gary!

Thanks Josh, My day is already brighter because you put a smile on my face. Hey Buddy, Technology ain't all it's cracked up to be. Kids today spend more time talking to their gizmos than to real people. I like the past too Josh: Like 10,000 years in the past. Most young people today wouldn't even believe how I lived when I was a young lad: No indore plumbing, and Crank on the phone that got me the operator who made a connection. Believe me we knew where the heat and the food came from.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      And families ate their meals together and had conversations. We all gathered in the living room to listen to the radio programs like Boston Blackie, The Shadow etc. I remember digging the ditches when we put in our first bathroom. Before then, especially in the winter, we'd wait for someone else to go to the outdoor john then we'd hustle out while the seat was still warm!!!

Speaking to modern advances and technology, we noticed that all the bank drive-up ATM key pads include Braille on the pad. I guess that's just in case a blind person happens to be driving???
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, not at Blind People though. It's good Chuck!

Best memories of my life was the late 50's, when I lived on the river, and the two brothers across the street ran a farm with no runnng water, no electricity, no phone, a jalopy to get to town for supplies. And Summer nights were often spent sitting with them by kerosene lanterns and listening to a Yankee accent almost as old as the Mayflower. I'll be honest, I would go back to that time and place in a heartbeat, and when I cross over, you can put me there, because that's as nice a heaven as I'll ever want.

So I dwell in the past a lot too. But, the truth is there is really only the present moment. The past is done, the future never really exists anyway. It's all simply the present moment in which we live our lives. So live that moment to the fullest. The beginning is forever. It's always the beginning. The eternal now.

Happy New Year, Josh!
    Rhode Island

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Charlie I remember You mentioning those Guy's year's ago!

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Josh, I'll always regard it as a privlage to have known them.

Nice post Josh Happy New Year buddy !
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome Jim Bob . LOL I love you man

Josh every morning when I wake up I’ll sit for a moment and think about something from the past in the 50’s when life was so simple . It makes me smile and another happy day begins . I watch my step daughter raising my GD and she can’t do this and can’t do that because of school rules or modern laws imposed on parents now . Your going to court if you do this .
    We blasted out of the house at 7 and knew when to come home for dinner . I can remember my brother putting a stick in the dirt to tell what time it was . We had the time momorized by seasons as children.
    So after growing into technology Wayne and I both have gone back to the past with that cabin . No TV and when he retires ok maybe . But we get up and start our day . There is no phone reception and guess what we figure out what to eat for dinner and meet up with out a cell . That’s why so many of my artifact finds don’t have an insitsu I just don’t have a phone . Knife , compass and a gun in the deep woods . I’ll be looking forward to the 50’s for retirement . We have done it all and those are our favorite times . If I tell you what we have to go through in the 2019 with law suits and such it would depress you. You power through the negative .
    Happy New Year ..

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope You don't miss Hawaii , Thanks Tam

It's life man . I'll be 65 in3 weeks there's been some bad lotta good past and present...we can try and make it good starting today ...gonna keep looking for rocks...Happy New Year Josh
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got the right attitude there Red. Don't live in the past but don't forget it. Don't worry about tomorrow - it's gonna happen because of you or in-spite of you. Live in today. Enjoy it like there's no tomorrow and you'll have few regrets. Life 101

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Chuck..likewise with ur post ...much wisdom in it. our most valuable commodity is Time...we have choices to make to make it good

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, Thanks Red!

These are "The Good Old Days ' of the future, enjoy them

Comment

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point Dave, Thanks

Nope I was suppose to leave in 2008 and the economy took that dive so I was ready 10 years ago Josh . Looking for new adventure . There are to many things to do in life and not enough time . There are new beaches to see and mountains to climb .

Comment

Working...
    X