Ghost Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Hunters

I've never actually watched a full episode of this popular American TV series, but those who have may recognize their headquarters here, a few blocks from home. I always see out of state cars and people taking pictures here, so one day a couple winters ago a friend and I stopped. For those not familiar, TAPS stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society. My wife printed this photo for use as a dart board.

Rhode Island

Wow, what did you do to your wife and how accurate of a dart thrower is she?
    While you were there, did you get any weird vibes?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Wow, what did you do to your wife and how accurate of a dart thrower is she?
      While you were there, did you get any weird vibes?
      LOL, nah, I'm only joking. I guess I should have put a smiley face there. She just uses the traditional rolling pin or frying pan :S
      I'm kidding again!. No weird vibes, I've actually never seen the place open either, although they have a lot of local members and I think they hold their meetings there.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Dang Charlie, if that's you in the pic and your a target on the dart board......I guess that's some kinda voodoo pin sticking thing......she really does keep you in line! :laugh:  :laugh:
        She still had great taste in lithics though.....I like it!!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

I need a ghost hunter to talk to the crazy lights bouncing off mountains near Marfa Texas.
          Jack

Comment

greywolf22 wrote:

I need a ghost hunter to talk to the crazy lights bouncing off mountains near Marfa Texas.
            Jack
            I've seen them on television a few times, Jack, and I know if I lived anywhere near there, I'd do what I saw people doing, just sit there at night and hope to catch a glimpse. It's really an interesting phenomena, have you actually seen them?
            Charlie
            Jack, I see Marfa is out your way, so I'm guessing you've seen them, but for those saying "Marfa lights???", this short clip is decent. The full moon actually helps by showing the mountain backdrop better then pitch blackness would. I see where there's a viewing platform now, yeah I'd love to see them....
            Multiple low-light photos taken over 1 hours at the Marfa Mystery Light viewing platform. Average shutter time was 13 seconds.Here is a link to the individua...

Rhode Island

Comment

CHARLIE! DUCK!!   That place would give me the willys. :S P.S. My wife says the same stuff...lucky I can still outrun her! :woohoo:

Comment

My boss at work does that ghost hunting stuff as a hobby. Here in Georgia there were so many wars and deaths of all cultures. There are alot of ghost here believe it or not. I got one that visits about every month but thank god it doesnt stay! We have heard it walk up the stairs outside like its going to the door. In case you are wondering...I dont open it LOL. It does come in any way  :S . It has thrown a bead at my wife once when we were down stairs. Dont know how it did it. I was sitting in a chair facing the other direction but heard it hit the floor. She said that wasnt nice and I said what? Then she said throwing that bead at me! Well I didnt throw it and I told her. Another time my M in Law was staying and my wife said they heard steps comming down to the basement where they were at. And my M in Law said when did he get home? And my wife said hes working. I asked her if they opened the door and she said NO WAY! I have heard music in the am hours and thought my kid was playing video games and she said she was asleep. Some times I hear noises and go upstairs to see what it is and as soon as I get to the top of the stairs it stops.  .  For some reason it is always around the full moon. I dont know if it is an Indian but I have found relics in my yard. Front and back

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

CHARLIE! DUCK!!   That place would give me the willys. :S P.S. My wife says the same stuff...lucky I can still outrun her! :woohoo:
                    :lol:  :lol: It's no doubt some type of as yet unexplained natural phenomena, but I guess either the state of Texas or the town of Marfa has built a viewing platform and parking lot to accomodate the tourists who make it a destination in that remote area. They do call them "ghost lights" so I guess it's common enough to get the "willys" at times.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Glenn, that's a real cool account! Here's a story that was told me, and told in all seriousness, to believe or not to believe, an individual thing, but the man who told me had no doubt he was relating the truth.
                    It was in a Deep South state, too, but forget which one. A farmer had some land that contained an old burial mound. One night, 2 relic hunters decided to go dig at that mound. After digging up some burial offerings, they witnessed some of the things they had taken out of the earth lift themselves off the ground and fly back in. They hopped into their pickup truck and hightailed it. At about the same time, the farmer, who had just retired for the night, got a visitor in his bedroom, the image of an Indian looking very angry. The farmer then hopped into his pickup and headed for the mound on his property, only to intercept the 2 relic hunters hightailing it. He blocked their exit, approached their truck and told them about his surprise visiter, told them he knew darn well what they were doing out there, and he would not hesitate to chase them off at gunpoint if they so much as set foot on his property again! A friend from Ma. was a close friend of one of the would be grave robbers, which is how the story came down to me.
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Neat stories guys. All of my pieces are surface finds. There are a few place I'd like to pic up a shovel, but I've always been nervous about burial site. In  no way would I ever and i mean ever mess with a burial site. I'm sure I'm not the only one her that has come across human remains on the river. It's a pretty Erie feeling. Even if they are ancient. I figure with erosion and all would explain a lot of it.  Still would NOT touch or remove any remains.

Comment

Hey, Y'all are a skeerin' me with them stories !

Comment

I have never seen them but have been there many times and no lights.
                          Jack

Comment

kansas wrote:

Neat stories guys. All of my pieces are surface finds. There are a few place I'd like to pic up a shovel, but I've always been nervous about burial site. In  no way would I ever and i mean ever mess with a burial site. I'm sure I'm not the only one her that has come across human remains on the river. It's a pretty Erie feeling. Even if they are ancient. I figure with erosion and all would explain a lot of it.  Still would NOT touch or remove any remains.
                            Be hard pressed to find anyone that would disagree with you on that score, Travis. Let the dead rest in peace.
                            Rhode Island

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Hey, Y'all are a skeerin' me with them stories !
                              Guess I should have started this thread around Halloween time :lol:
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X