X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rebel Yell

Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Hi Tom. Very interesting, Actually quite fascinating as I am a member of the SCV (also a member of the SAR). I enjoy history, especially American History almost as much as I enjoy my archaeological interests. Thanks much for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Here is old footage of Confederate veterans issuing the yell as they remembered it....

Rhode Island

Comment

When you have two or three regiments doing that in the heat of battle, and they are coming at you. .. It is blood chilling. Yankee soldiers often wrote of how terrifying it sounded to them. Great stuff.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Wow I just saw these videos two weeks ago cool post Tom!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Thanks for that. It was interesting
            South Dakota

Comment

Very cool Mr Tom . This was such a blood bath to me . I canโ€™t put into words me feelings of life lost and horrifying injuries . I did live through the Vietnam war and have a very good GF that escaped it .

Comment

interesting

but i dont know why i was expecting something from Billy Idol lol

Comment

Good post Tom..sounds like my next door neighbors on Saturday night.
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

When I saw the title to the post, 1st thing that came to my mind was Billy Idol.
                    Last edited by antmike915; 10-17-2020, 10:41 PM. Reason: Can't type right sometimes
                    ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

Confederate yell surely influenced by indian war whoops.

Makes me sad that there is so much romanticism of Civil War. It seems Americans want to remember this darkest chapter as something glorious. I've never understood that.

California

Comment

Working...
                      X