Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first one under my belt

this past saturday i held my first Mn permit to carry class

i have to admit i was quit nervous that morning,even though the class was only for friends and family.
    i had 6 people show,would have liked more but i think i terrible weather kept a few away.
    not to mention some of them were out doing their winter hobbies like snowmobiling etc.

i rented a room and held the class at one of the indoor gun ranges.
    it took about 2.25 hours to get through my power point presentation,answer questions.then about another hour or so to get every one through their range qualification live fire exercise.
    i had to spend a little more time with my niece as she hasnt dont a whole og handgun shooting,but she did well enough to pass.

proud to say all of my students did well and got their certificates of completion and are now able to apply for their permit to carry a handgun.

i have another class scheduled for March 30th,and i am also trying to put together an NRA basic pistol class.hopefully i can get enough people signed up for both classes.

heres a pic of my business card,which my wife designed for me. the back side is the second amendment.
    for my birthday a couple of back she paid for my newest tattoo,which also is the second amendment and is on right forearm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3712.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	352780

Glad to hear it! I'm glad the class passed. Keep up the teaching, we need more educated carriers.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      sneakygroundbuzzard commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you.i agree. the more people who get educated on guns,whether it be rifles,shot guns or handguns the better off we all are.
      guns have always been a passion of mine and im glad to be helping people become certified to carry and responsible to do so.

my next couple of goals are to become a range safety office and get my federal fire arms license.

Hey Tim, Congrats of finishing your first class. Public speaking jitters is natural. I like your business card and using the second amendment is a great idea.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      thanks Ron
      im not used to talking for that long at one time,i was a wee bit horse later in the day.
      im sure it will get easier the more classes i do,or at least i hope so lol

Congrats in first successful class Tim....hope there's many more for you....I wanna get my gun permit here in Connecticut looked it up little while ago ....looks pretty strict.. I don't know how it compares to Minnesota..hopefully I can get it
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      thank you,i hope i have many more classes to teach also.
      Mn is a shall issue state.so as long as your legally able to own a handgun,and you pass an approved course like i teach.once you submit your certificate to your county sheriff they have 30 days to issue or deny your permit,if it goes past those thirty days then they have to give you a permit.
      if your state is a may issue state,it could be a lot tougher to get a permit to carry.

Mn is also a "carry" state,we can carry open or concealed.up to the individual. i recommend to my students to carry concealed.Mn is a pretty liberal state so people tend to freak a little when they see some one carry openly.besides who wants to be a hard target in a bad situation.

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      CT.is a "may issue". State . Looked it up.

Yes Sir
    Open carry is allowed here in Tx. I’ve never figured out why someone would want to be the first target in a act. We don’t see much open carry but on occasion we do, it makes people uncomfortable. I tend to stay further away than from a first target guy. Anyway, good for you ! My son found a 1994 colt government double action 45 the other day, NIB. He gave it to me,he knows it will come back to him. It’s to big to conceal , I don’t think I’ll shoot it. JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
      Editing a comment
      i wish my sons would buy guns and give them to me. but i cant say it would stay as new in the box and unfired. every gun i own has been to the range at least once.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that I don’t want to go to the range, I do ! I always thought as I got older, I’d have more time to do things I enjoy. That has not happened. Maybe it’s because I’m slower ? Anyway, if I had to be in a shoot out, I’d take my 9mm IWI baby eagle. It is heavy, cumbersome and the most accurate pistol I’ve ever shot ! The rifling in the barrel rotates the slug in the different direction . Also, it’s well built. Tx rangers out here carry the IWI baby eagle 40 cal, there must be a good reason as to why..

Awesome that's great news! Nice job on the card, too. Can open carry in FL going to, from and during fishing, hunting, camping and shooting practice.....pretty broad with plenty of wiggle and trouble room especially if stopping by WallyWorld for tackle on the way LOL.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Congrats it will get easier and easier as time marchs on.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hoss. im sure once i get used to talking in front of people it will get easier. but ive always hated talking in front of groups of people.
        but at least this is a topic im familiar with and passionate about.

Excellent Tim. You’re doing a good thing. Congratulations
      South Dakota

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
        Editing a comment
        thanks Gary. i hear SD just passed constitutional carry. good for all of you out there

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I already had my permit, but I guess we don’t need one anymore
    Working...
    X