Normal day .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal day .

My wife is driving from Amarillo to Lubbock this morning on I 25. She had been to see her RA doctor. She just took this pic, and I thought I’d post what happens out here on a normal day. Wind gust to 75mph..... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Not sure but looks like a Peterbuilt tractor to me. Most of the time with the exception of bad nerves for a few days, the cdl drivers are not injured .....
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Wow man ...just in spring time?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Most any time except for fall ..

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Now we are enduring a 1930’s style sandstorm bro, be lots of sick folks at Dr tomorrow with breathing conditions...

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks God your wife is ok brother man

Wow. That’s some strong wind. Weather is crazy everywhere
      South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        SD it is beyond , was wild ride last night !

Weather channel is suggesting some of the plain states are experiencing the lowest barometric pressure in their history with this particular blizzard. They also called it the worst blizzard in 40 years for the "heartland". Barametric pressure usually associated with a cat 1 hurricane.
      Rhode Island

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        When this thing came through last night I got worried. The temp rose 4 degrees and the barometric pressure dropped . I lost 3 florescent bulbs in 5 minutes. The bulbs gassed out. I had never seen that before !Just west of me it rained 3/4 inch in 5 minutes...I’ll post a pic of one of the bulbs below. Really weird !

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Sure praying for no loss of life...

Wow! Did she drive home sideways?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        The speed limit is 75, she drove in at 50 mph...

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        She was scared Greg, she made it though....

Gassed out bulb !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Red, which brand of fluorescent bulbs are the best and long lasting ?

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        I changed a ballast out of the kitchen last year that was 31 years old. It was heavy,heavy sucker too. I think it had pcb’s in it. I got a dry GE,
        ( I’m not in the GE fan club) I prolly needed your advice on that too...

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey JJ. Did you change the ballast to electronic ballast or LED,? I like Sylvania. Ballasts and LED drivers. And tubes... Wow PCBs. Nasty nasty poison man

Wow, that is a heck of a wind. I remember once driving from Fargo to Bismark, ND with my camper in tow when the headwinds were so bad that I was thanking God that they were not on my beam. Might have taken me off the road. I was also anchored one time in Mississippi Sound when 70 mph winds came off a thunderstorm cell that almost beached me and my boat. Wind is not your friend (unless it is below 25 knots).

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Oh Lord I know ! My son was on his Cutter running up the Mississippi River when Katrina when over them.. Communications blackout. He got a call in on Sat phone 2 weeks later. He said they were out of fresh water and searching, loading up people. They were desperate for water for the injured and crew. He got caught in Rita just before that...

They even gave this storm a name. Ulmer. My correct type changed ulmer to ulcer. Lol. I should have left it. I think my phone named it better anyway.
      I saw a video on tv of another truck getting blown over.
      South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        I saw that too SD, on Fox . That tractor had the wind at its tail ! It must of been empty . I know you guys got it bad up there, let me assure you we are tired of winter too....

I guess all states have some type of disaster right now. It’s raining again for me and heavy thunderstorms to. But I think spring is here finally. Stay safe with them winds
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        I’m hoping it’s over, trees are blooming. The trees prolly get busted and no fruit...Pecan tree still says not yet....

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Ended up sunny but windy

They have those wind warnings in Cal driving in the desert . They can flip a truck and its kind of drive at your own risk .
      Then if you value your vehicle you just don’t go . You also get the added bonus of a free sand blasting on your paint job
      And if you have an Airplane look up crabbing in landing in crosswinds .
      Now that’s a special treat to get your heart rate up higher then it’s ever been .My brother mastered it but I was doing the heathcliff everytime .
      crosswinds , not my best friend in life experiences .

Comment

You have to look up some crosswind landings for entertainment . The 747 coming in one of my favorites . Gives another level of respect for pilots .
        Those poor truck drivers have it bad enough .

Comment

Working...
      X