tease, ya its posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tease, ya its posted

this field hasn't been plowed in 25 years that i'm sure of longer most likely, there's a spring feed pond just the other side of the tree line and its about 1/2 mile from a river, its hard not to jump over and have a look, and after in gets some rain on it, i just don't know,,,,, i've found points just behind where i took these from, what do you think, could you stay out

What kind of farming do they do there? What was in the field before this hay? Thye might be just giving it a flip and replant back to hay so I would try and get in for a peek for sure.
    Good luck!
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thats funny cause I look at the fields all the time but there just isnt any where to park without being noticed. So I just keep driving and I hope one day to see the field being plowed so I can ask if I can look. I figure they must plow at night cause I never see them do it. Hope you can sneak a peek!

Comment

If it's not posted, by all means have a look!
        Woops, just realized the subject title says it all! Too bad!
        Rhode Island

Comment

Maybe a real foggy day lol. They look pretty serious with that fence though. I'd be asking for sure.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

i use to live just up the road from this field, when my son was about 10 he and two friends went fishing in the pond the farmer ran across the field after them they hit the woods, he came to my house pretty mad, but he was a young guy had just got the farm and i'm guessing he has no idea what might be there, he has beef cows so hay or something called mullet they plant down here for feed, but i've never seen this one planted with anything but cows, all the farmers down this way have people sneaking in looking for mushrooms, this time of year untill  spring the woods are full of Rainbow people, i live about 5 miles as the crow flys from a bombing range, its funny the rainbowers get up set when they drop live one's, its wow man da 's not cool peace man hey buddy got any spare change ts

Comment

I was told yesterday that the reason the farmers dont want you on their land is cause of insurance reasons. I tried again but failed to get a peak at some fields. I have almost always got a no. I was thinking about drawing up a release form then maybe sign it and give it to the farmer. Maybr then they might consider it.

Comment

I would be making phone calls to find out who owned that land. Being female on the phone sometimes has it's advantages.

Comment

Wow, you guys have it better than we do.  In CO we are a "no post" state, meaning you have to know exactly where you are stepping at all times.  There is no excuse for crossing fences, and some don't even have fences, but you damn well better know your gps coordinates.  We also have a law here called "make my day", meaning if someone enters your property without permission and you feel threatened (subjective) you have the right to shoot them dead.  It's tough to testify when you're dead, since it's your word vs. theirs, it's better to just stay off other people's property.  But, to our state's credit, we have thousands upon thousands of acres of public land, so they don't tolerate any tress passing on private lands.  Of course artifact hunting is illegal in all our public lands, but I'm glad I grew up here and know the ranching family's that have thousands of acres...

Comment

If it is posted, that just means that the landowner (the guy that put up the fence, pays the taxes, pays the insurance, bought the land) CARES what's going on on his land. If you talk nicely to this landowner, he may let you look it over. Or he may not. But it is his land, his artifacts, and his choice. If you hop the fence and get caught, you could go to jail for a bit since it is posted. If you hop the fence and don't get caught, then find artifacts, you'll have some stolen artifacts that never would be legal to own or tell where they are from. That's just the way it is from a longtime collector/landowner's perspective.

Comment

Here in Illinois, it doesn't have to be posted to be tresspassing. I think that is probably the case in most, if not all states.
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Leave a note on his gate with your phone number to call you and ask permission...

Comment

Working...
                        X