Click image for larger version

Name:	E8352375-BEAA-4AF0-A272-81C6051CFBCB.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	383112 Click image for larger version

Name:	532DA31C-E24E-45E8-97E0-4D002107AC44.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	383111 I’m working on my stone porch hopefully will get it done before I leave to go back to work. First for me I have to take 3 back and trade them out. One is cracked and the other 2 aren’t grey. Still need to level a few out with the sand and then put the sealer down to lock it in place. North Georgia. Feel free to post something you’ve made anything will count. I’d like to see it.
    NW Georgia,

Couldn’t get the full pic to load it’s 63 stones 16x16 size doing it by myself will add a new pic when it’s complete. Brown border and grey on the inside.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red I had to stop for today I’ve got a few blisters on my hand them stones are heavy

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that . I was thinking of extending the back concrete slab where we have a barbecue and walkway . Don’t want to pour because I think we will build another structure. Was thinking of doing this it can be pulled up .

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      You can watch a how to video that’s what I did. When I went back for more stones they had switched the spots grey and brown. First batch was brown I used then went back for more and grabbed the grey by mistake ( color blind) but it worked out it has a brown border with grey in the middle which has a lite brown mixed in. Drying right now maybe pic tomorrow

I’m working on a fully carved double bass fiddle at the moment. I have the ribs bent and glued to the blocks on the form. The back plate is glued together and I have it rough sawed and am beginning to profile the outside. Click image for larger version

Name:	FF9F6E8D-4D7D-4288-B785-1DD36BC68F98.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	383121 Click image for larger version

Name:	A4FEC9A4-EA8D-496B-B0CA-3EEE35159C80.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	383122 Click image for larger version

Name:	1536F030-B251-4B8D-8099-6BD01748756E.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	383123
    This is a cello I made a couple years ago. The double bass is twice as big. Almost 6’ tall.
    Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow very impressive

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s really impressive. What is the neck made of?

• Charles Jones
      Charles Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      The neck, back, and sides are American Red Maple. The top is Engleman spruce. The black piece (fingerboard) on the neck is ebony.

Weeds were growing around the well so a concrete slab had to be put around it . Next is a house around it and a water treatment ..
    Next one is some iron ore off the side of the field and put in some concrete squares for mud scrapping off your boots .
    Wayne and I do this stuff together . I am the little helper .

Comment

Planted 3 peach trees and put up a pole cedar bird house . This is just fun stuff in Georgia . Bird feeders to .

Comment

Nothing we could ever do , even those cool knives and metal pieces can stand up to that absolutely beautiful cello .. there is some talent out there .
        Chuck just sent me pics of a cabin he is building with a friend.

Comment

Finished my porch finally ended up being 12x10 feet but turned out okay. Might enlarge it a bit later maybe add a stone grill. Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13783.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	385151
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice Job Glen. I like it. ..nice stone .
            SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Dog likes it I had to put mulch down to keep the dogs from digging in the sand they had never seen sand before

I could of gotten it done back in June but when they turned the field I dropped it until the middle of July. Thanks Red you said you wanted to see it.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Name:	DSC_0264.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	386026 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0265.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	386027 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0266.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	386028

This is my bullet shelf. I finished it yesterday, but I might make some adjustments. This shelf is special because this holds my battle bullets. These bullets were recovered from the battlefields themselves in the 50's and 60's, or were recovered on private property surrounding the parks. One bullet was recovered by a soldier a few days after the battle of Gettysburg. I'll be adding some bullets from Atlanta, Shiloh, and Gettysburg soon.

The shelf was made from scrap pieces of wood my mom and dad threw out. I grabbed them, and used some dirt, lichen, and ground foam and cement to make it. Yes, it's heavy with or without lead, lol!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Look for some driftwood in the river stain it red and apply your bullets to it next time you are in your river. Sometimes it takes a little while to find the right piece you like. Nice repurposed display
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Name:	meatballs1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	386100 Click image for larger version

Name:	meatballs.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	386099 Click image for larger version

Name:	sauce.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	386101
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That beat my shelf by a country mile, lol!

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What time is dinner?

Here's a little stand I made for my relics that I found in the front yard.

Name:	DSC_0268.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	386115
                  "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m between Atlanta and Dalton

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So Resaca, Rome, Marrietta, and Kennesaw are close to you, relativity speaking. All of the sites I mentioned are major battle sites, not mentioning skirmishes and such. I was reading a book written by a soldier in the 4th Kentucky CSA infantry, and one of his buddies that lived in Dalton had "three bushel sized crates, filled to the maximum with fired lead ordinance of all kinds, and another beside the three half as full". If you can get permission from any one of those cities, or any town in the path of Sherman's army from Dalton to Atlanta, you'll do good. If you'd like to talk more about this, we can do PM. I forgot that I'm clogging up your thread.

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I sweep it I will let you know but my true passion is stone artifacts, thanks
                Working...
                X