Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire

I came into the house from my garden to take a coffee break sat down at the kitchen table and thought I smelled smoke . I started looking around and could see smoke coming out of the wooden molding around a bay window . Instant panic thinking electrical ran outside shut off power then grabbed the phone to call fire department . Smoke still coming out of a crack near windows I took a closer look and guess what ? A magnifying mirror sitting on a shelf directed a beam of light like a magnifying glass onto the wood molding and the spot had turned black and was starting to burn . I threw a glass of water and the fire was out I never finished the 911 call . Lucky for us I came in when I did ! actually a old friend had called that's why I took the coffee break I guess I own him a beer and dinner .

Glad you were there to stop it before it got a lot more serious. Saw something recently about water bottles left in your car can start a fire. Sunlight shining through acts like a magnifying glass.
    New York

Comment

Wow, as simple as that. Can you imagine if?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• south fork
        south fork commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep if I wasn't home most likely just a foundation .

Wowzers, very lucky.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Wow ....you were fortunate....
        SW Connecticut

Comment

You are incredibly lucky. 😱
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Just like fire from ice !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
            X