• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur Footprints

Click image for larger version

Name:	7DC2BA79-BC75-4864-AAB2-2C7C2A722542.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	390392 See how we affect people in our lives, hopefully for the good? Often, whenever I launched into animated and passionate monologues about whatever in brain, my witty, genius godson’s eyes glazed over. Yet, he continuously sends stuff relating to subjects about which I’ve babbled but didn’t think he heard. Got this pic of Dinosaur Ridge he took in Colorado on vacation:
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

That place was my first "dino exposuer" when I was a kid growin' up in Colorado [that's been a lifetime ago]. I was enamored as are most kids about dino world. Great nostalgia pic... thx.

How they got there...https://vimeo.com/143654356
    Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 09-08-2019, 01:10 PM.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

That's really cool, just to see those last so long. Did you hear about the new Dinosaur they found in Japan? Duckbill somethin' or other I think...
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah!....some species or something yet unknown ‘til now!! (I think some of Dinos we learned about in school now called by different names coz of all stuff found out since then)

Do you remember while in Tx, the miniature dinosaurs .. The Horned Toads ? I leave the red ant beds unless they get to close to the lawn. I watched one Horned Toad eat 22 red ants one day. I should of made a video of a pair mating.. After , she beat the crap out of the male, and ran him off... Just goes to show going for love and forgetting the billfold....JJ
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

This is a link to an archeologist playing “prehistoric music” on rocks on Twitter. Another kid, now grown, sent this to my daughter yesterday, specifically to share with me. Again, I say, geez I hope this is what kids growing up my house got from being around weird mom!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	772AD637-2312-4D9F-BB71-AE4B1DB6A392.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	390657 Click image for larger version  Name:	5256A634-160F-44FC-8458-ED1B142D9836.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	390658
        Here’s a Horned Toad (Texas’ State Lizard), eater of LinnyMan’s red ants! And lil’ Georgia tree frog camouflaged as a house frog.
        Doesn’t horny toad look just like tiny dinosaur? They are very docile, from what I can remember, coz I played with them all the time when eight yrs old.
        Last edited by Cecilia; 09-08-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• CMD
          CMD commented
          Editing a comment
          What amazes me, a truly unexpected discovery in my lifetime, is that all birds are avian dinosaurs. One branch of the dinosauria did not go extinct--we call them birds.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember first reading about the theory yrs and yrs ago. Had a Senegal parrot “Quid” who went everywhere w/me; I examined his little body all over after reading, trying to imagine and see, until he finally squawked!

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          The only creature that messes with me is the Duck Billed Platypus..

Oh yeah not to forget the less known other monotremes, spiny anteaters ...
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	390970 Cecilia, these guys hold me hostage in my house every night
          Attached Files
          South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented