Mountain Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Lion

Sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee this morning when I looked out the window ! A mountain lion had one of my goats down . By the time I grabbed a rifle and ran out the lion jumped the fence and was into the brush . The goat wasn't so lucky .

Sorry about the goat, the Mtn lion will be back !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Originally posted by Lindenmeier-Man View Post
      Sorry about the goat, the Mtn lion will be back !
      I almost had a shot but seen me and was over the fence and gone . Ongoing problem around here last week someone was bitten on the arm by a Bear will taken the garbage out for pickup . I'm trying to get the USDA trackers out but only getting a busy signal Government agency go figure .

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, I was talking to a guy the other day who had show goats for sale. Top ram sires we’re going for like 12K. I nearly passed out when he told me that. What ever happened to a $35 goat ?

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        $50 Mountain Lions ?

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, Mtn Lions go down for $2.50... Cost of my 7mm mag cartridge, bobcats too....

Wow man .I only see this stuff on tv....to actually have a lion eating your goats is wild....ur like Marlin Perkins on mutual of omahas .wild america....be careful man
      SW Connecticut

Comment

I'm not likin' the fact that it attacked in daylight, and in your view. That means he is not so scared of humans. Be careful out there!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Like the black bears in the Smokies who will tear up your car right in front of you. No fear.
          Child of the tides

Comment

[QUOTE=Kentucky point;n390866]I'm not likin' the fact that it attacked in daylight, and in your view. That means he is not so scared of humans. Be careful out there![/QUO It took one look at me and was over the fence and into the under brush in seconds . I have had several encounters in my lifetime it happens so fast its scary . A few years ago . my sons went fishing and had one come from behind a culvert . It dropped down with haunches in the air ready to jump real close to him . His brother heard him yelling and came running up thinking he was snake bit and the lion spun and was off into the brush . This was in the canyon below the house prime Mountain Lion habitat .

Comment

Wow, you have to have at least one eye perpetually scanning.
              Here in NW Indiana, no mountain lions, no bear, no wolves, no rattlesnakes.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• clovisoid
                clovisoid commented
                Editing a comment
                Greg, it might be a bit southeast of you, but the Menominee wetlands near Plymouth Indiana has a breeding population of the Massasauga Rattlesnake. Potato Creek used have them in the swampy area as well. They get more common around wetlands as you get up into Michigan.

I went hiking in Canada in the Rockies and I was more worried about the cats than the bears. I'm sorry about your goat. That would break my heart. Where i live in SC, it's the coyotes that kill the animals.
              South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                I live just across the river, in Georgia, and heard horror stories ‘bout baby horses and coyotes!

• Josie
                Josie commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, they are numerous in my area. In January i was watching the college national championship game at my sister in law's house. We went outside at halftime and the sounds were horrible. I will never forget a pack chasing a deer and the sounds that deer made and then it all went silent. I was traumatized! I'm such an animal lover and I will never forget those sounds.

I imagine things vividly; this time I can’t come close.....
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

A couple big dogs will usually keep lions from prowling round close to homes & property. No guarantee but helps.
                Last edited by Sage hen jack; 09-09-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

When we moved onto this parcel of land over forty years ago we slept out doors while we built the house . Way more wild back then and way less people my kids ran wild out here and we never worried much . Always on the look out now I don't move as fast and have lost numerous animals to mountain lions and coyotes Bobcats the Bears were never a problem but lately they have been active . And the rattlesnakes keep me vigilant .

Comment

Sorry about your goat Dennis! That would have been hard to see.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Sorry about it getting your goat. I remember a story about a farmer that shot through his living room window to get one that had been feeding on his animals because every time he stepped outside the cat would be gone. (It takes a really good shot to hit one on the move with a rifle.)

I hope the Florida panther recovers and survives, but I certainly wouldn't want anything near the big cat population density you all have in California.
                      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

The goat that was killed was old and starting to slow down seemed to be losing weight . Favorite target old and slow my wife has been sitting out there with her 12 gauge pump since sunup . I hope she's waiting for the mountain lion

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                          Ron Kelley commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ha

• Josie
                          Josie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol.
                      Working...
                      X