Food !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food !

I have many loves in my life, the good Lord and family at the top of course ! Speaking of courses, I just had a very nice salad with lettuce , cauliflower , diced bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, diced carrots, slices of celery and Monterey Jack cheese strings. And to top it off, hold on now because this is BIG, Blue cheese dressing !!! I must admit, it is a acquired taste in dressings. Much like hunting artifacts, if your hooked enough said ... Everyone knows about my Dr.Pepper ribs...
    As a younger guy it was meat and potatoes period, not that I’ll turn that down but as I’ve gotten older and not for health purposes, I’ve started exploring and eating much healthier ! I’ve found I love to cook, especially on the pellet grill...
    Anyway, I’m interested in more avenues , so if you have a specialty , I’d like to hear/ see it and the directions on the makings.
    I think the last full course meal I saw on the site was Scorpion 68’s meal he cooked last winter. Anyway, stew is in the cooker for date/ movie night and might I suggest the pictured below ice cream for desert ! JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

I'm from the south so of course, I can clog your arteries in one meal, lol. I cook a lot. What kind of food do you like? I'll post some recipes for ya!
    South Carolina

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Let me think about it. This time of year (football season) it's mostly appetizer type food. I did post a tomato pie recipe in the "what's fer supper" post. It's really, really good.

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Fried chicken, large potato slices deep fried, green beans with honey, collard greens, Lima beans and a large buttered biscuit...MmmmMM! God bless the South!

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh Josie! Did you use fresh ‘” ‘maters”? I love to grow different kinds, but forget to water them.....

Wht did I just get hungry ?
    SE IA

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m hungry for anything good with exception of raw oysters.. I’ve just seen to many people get really really sick downing those !

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Looove raw oysters!! If swims on bottom of ocean, and eats other fishes’ digestive leavings, take 3 dozen! But no more warmed heart cockles for you!

That stuff is smooth as. Silk. Brother. Ive had it..mmmm but if i remember it aint cheap
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Your right brother, it’s time in the autumn of life to treat ourselves !

I'm still partial to meat and potatoes style meals...lol!

Great cookin'!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I understand that Ethan !

Brisket on the smoker, sweet potatoes with brown sugar, butter & cinnamon, fried apples, green beans & cornbread!
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      When will you ring the dinner bell ???

Pork... the other white meat. 😋
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Only thing I don’t like about a hog is the squeal !

LinnyMan, I got lotsa vices, and probably only still alive coz of natural appetite for fish, vegetables (maybe coz first place lived Japan, and had fish soup at friend Megumi’s everyday for breakfast instead of oatmeal..... nature/nurture?). Eat lotsa soup, best comfort food in world. In slow cooker now, 15-bean soup seasoned with smoked turkey instead of ham hocks, side meat of choice in Ga. As you may imagine, incapable following recipe (what are instructions?), but tasty and everybody, even those who say”beans?!”, likes it, especially w/other Ga stable, cornbread. For Christmas Eve, always made huge pot Mediterranean fisherman’s stew— sorta combo ciopinno/ bouillabaisse/kakavia.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      O my! Whipping cream! May try that in cornbread for tonight. But, baking has rules gotta follow, and I really mess up. Cooking an art, baking a science,and I’m too distractible to properly attend. I make soufflés so flat you wouldn’t think possible!

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I’m big on fish ! A friend just got back from deep sea fishing( Red Fish) two per day. He has one frozen for me to blacken on the grill...I’m gonna try the 15 bean.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah Cc, I’m BIG on Sushi !
Working...
X