X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice friends
    South Dakota

Comment

Wow cc. JJ is one seriously generous kicking brother...did you see my gift?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        No! Where posted?

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        The section is Native american aroiwheads and other lithic artifacts. My post is. " Tecovas Jasper in Connecticut "

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        👍

LinnyMan, collector of stories, kind person to women/children/doggies, generous sharer of treasures..... Have little vignette for you, “Scarlett and The Sherds”

Scarlett comes to my house to visit my daughter and son-in-law, her father. She’s curious and mobile, like most just-turned 3 yr olds. However, she is also precocious, graceful, and very, very clever (making her likable by certain people who generally don’t like little kids). Scarlett skips and sings and sometimes shrieks, but doesn’t run amok thru eclectic decor (an interior decorator once told me that’s what I had....). She delicately maneuvers around museum reproductions, plants, fossils, funky sticks, rocks, BIG dogs, artworks, and other treasures, pausing often to examine them. Once after thoroughly checking out a rock, she declared in her little baby voice that “ dis one wanna go back in a ga’den”. To me, this sounds like Forum advising: “Leave it.”

Sherds are house’s most recent display, laid out in an appealing array (see pic above). Nearby is a colorful mosaic, its tiles approximately same size sherds. Scarlett immediately noticed pottery pieces, and after a cursory inventory, began placing each sherd on mosaic tile of corresponding size and shape. After intense and careful work exhausting sherd supply, Scarlett looked up and around the room, asking “where’s more?”

LinnyMan, I only promised no glue, not little fingers. Besides, I foresee those fingers growing, belonging to another companion with whom I can share adventures!

Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Children are exempt ! They should be encouraged to examine along with answers to their questions ! I love all children, they are the true treasure !!! TY for the story, I seemed to see her going through the house !

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        I am pleased Cc !

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Let’s go, LizFlake! Tongue sharpened on abrader stone artifact WillJo sent, so ready....to whom shall we give a hard time?! No eulogies after our battle, tho, coz nobody dies. All must live another day to continue Cecilia’s lessons!

That pottery is fascinating.

i know, I’m spoiled and the Quapaw stuff I find around here is “common” to me...that looks Anasazi????
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Yes and Membres too. I sent every type I find except the more common SW brown.
    Working...
    X