Tribute to Treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Treasures

​​ It occurred to me that all who know rec’d tools from WillJo and fossils from Old Rocks should be able to appreciate them, too, as they did sherds from LinnyMan. I was newer in forum when rec’d first two gifts, and was unsure if posting pics of gifts would somehow offend protocol, or not be in good taste. Although was born to break protocol, and have been known to flirt with bad taste (flaunting, bragging, boasting, all of which I do well if tongue-in-check about own exploits!), personal credibility not established, and new forum membership so very valuable and important. Now know to honor both concerns, must share!

Presenting a veritable cache via courtesy of dear WillJo, who literally placed into my hands incredible things, the likes of which I’d never touched or even seen outside of museums:

Click image for larger version  Name:	E42D2058-884E-4C43-B73B-941A311BABE3.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	402411
    Not only all these ancient tools (which came with key, fortunately) get new caretaker, big handful polished rocks joined others displayed in clear glass bowl (commingling may be reflected bottom of picture! ... OnlyWillJo will know for sure!), and a handmade point pendant, far left middle, got a silver chain and two necks to compete over suspension rights (will admit, it’s sees more action when donned by daughter).

During the course of our knappers’ ongoing Big-Beautiful-Point frenzy, Old Rocks attempted to flake too-flaky fossilized Dino Do-Do, so Cecilia, exercising her lack of inhibitions, jumped up and down, begging me me me ..... Ask, and ye shall receive..... ALONG with Old Rocks’ Old Ancient Trilobite because he got a New Ancient Trilobite!

Click image for larger version

Name:	15615D3E-349B-4768-9BFD-18F9E715B9B3.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	402806 I don’t know where pic of Trilobite went. It was here yesterday!

First photo of LinnyMan’s sherds did not do them justice:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cecilia; 11-12-2019, 11:28 AM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Glad you liked them, now you can go out and find some similar.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      🥰

Nice display of material. I think I recognize that piece of crap.
    SE IA

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      😆

Those are very nice gifts from some good people.wow....like willjo says .Now u go find some ..just like those ok?
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      I joined this site when I was kinda sickly, but everyday get stronger, and outdoors always calling! I think one of my greatest moments will be when I can post a third artifact that will be even close to y’all’s!

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep the faith C. Ull fund some more

Man, what a display of color!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Wow, that was a very generous gift package. Nice variety in there. Pretty sure I remember seeing some of those in threads after they were found.
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Nice colors and assortment! What's the second from the right, top row? I find lots of rocks, and a couple of worked pieces, that are the golden color with the pink, red color mixed in. You need to go hunt now!
        South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s an abrader! I sharpen tongue on it ever so often!

Gotta love that Rainbow mix. Willjo is Good medicine!

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          You all have been good medicine! WillJo gave me first dose!
      Working...
      X