Garbage Disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Disposal

Well...just for those who don't already know...cleaning rocks, fossils, and points in your sink on the side with a garbage disposal is not a good idea. :angry: YES, I already knew this, but apparently forgot to mention it to my daughter. The faucet is still wrapped outside for winter and...She came in from the creek with a bucket full of nice fossils and flint flakes. Nice finds, sweetie!! :cheer: She proceeds to take them to my kitchen sink to clean them, unknown to me as I was cleaning cages and scooping litter boxes...OH JOY!!! :blink: As I was preparing my evening meal...I flipped the switch to grind up some unused portions of veggies for the stew...WAIT! WHAT???? Nothing happened! hmy: Did it get unplugged??? No. OK hit the reset button...now I get a low hummmmm, but no grind! GAH! I reach my hand in there and what do I feel?????LOTS of sand and tiny pieces of GRAVEL!!!!!!!!!NOOOO! :S So my chore de joir is uninstalling the garbage disposal, dislodging all the debris and reinstalling it. I guess I have to post a sign that says NO ROCK WASHING IN THE KITCHEN SINK!!! hmy: Thanks for reading...hope someone got a giggle!! Have a great day!!

I'm just glad we don't have a garbage disposal!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Sometimes I wished I didn't. Or at least had a divided sink. That's about the 3rd time I've had to do this. LOL

Comment

Still have one but haven't used it in years, plug it in and run hot water through it couple times a year. Plumber across the street called them a plumbers worst nightmare, said he would never snake my drain again if I kept using it. Food is the biggest clogger of drains! But I guess sand and rocks could not be good. :woohoo: Wife won't let me use sink either.
        Joe.

Comment

Don't run mine much either...just enough to keep the water flowing. You would think sand and gravel would sharpen those things up real nice...but they don't. =D

Comment

I got a kick out of the story.    Sure felt bad for you though!  We never installed a garbage disposal for the mere fact that we have a septic tank.  That's just an extra bunch of clutter that has to bio-degrate.(spelling?)  Keep bringing home and washing those rocks, fossils, and points girls!!!
            BTW:  You actually know how to uninstall and re-install a garbage disposal???

Comment

Glad you enjoyed. Being single and broke will make you find out real quick what you can and can't fix. Plus, I was a Daddy's Girl. He was a Jack of all trades, master of none. I learned ALOT from him. It was a piece of cake and only took about 10 min.

Comment

Can you tell me how to replace the heating element in my dryer? I too am a jackleg master of none! :blush:

Comment

Hmmmm...haven't had to deal with that issue. I only take apart the broken stuff. Figure if it's already broken I can't do it any harm. Had one go out and Dad took it and brought it back fixed. Not sure if he did it or had someone else do it. I'd sure take a look at it if you weren't so far away. I would bet you could take the back off. Take the element out. Get a new one and put it in...But then again...like I said...never seen the guts of a dryer.

Comment

Working...
                  X