Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kansas
    replied
    Hey Butch, ive always been a big fan of the Scouts. The one in the picture is my 1969 Jeepster Camando. I'm a big jeep fan. At one time I had 5 jeeps. Now its just the one.

Here is my other antique. It's a 1970 Buick Skylark with 455

I like em old.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Hey Kansas is your dog sitting in a red IH scout ?

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    Great thread everyone! Butch you are astute in your observation of the German breeds. I do not know much about Plott Hounds but I know alot about Weims and Shorthairs. The Weimaraner was a manufactured breed by the Duke of Weimar who later became the king of Germany. The ingredients are still a mystery but its believed to be three breeds including an extint giant red hound. They were near Great Dane size but the large game in Germany disappeared so they were bred with Shorthairs to diminish size and increase "birdieness".

Leave a comment:

• kansas
    replied
    Dogs are great. Best rock hunting buddy a guy could ever have. Thell keep you company, the bring back help if you fall down a well. And the will never pick up a Clovis point five feet away, smile and put it in there pocket. Here is a pic o my two hounds. The little black one is Tucker, he is an 8 yr old patterdale terrier. LoveS to play frizbee. The other is Ali she is a Belgian malenouas I think thats how u spell it. she is 3 and full of energy. Always in the lookout, good deer spotter.
    -Travis

I know..to many pics butt couldnt resist. Lol

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    I think you're right about that Butch.  I'm sure there is some of the same hound in all
    of them.  I know they integrated some hound in Shorthairs to improve their scent.  Stampy
    looks alot like my brother's Golden.  They're wonderful dogs.  They like to put their
    right paw on your arm.  It must be genetic since alot of them do it.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Look at the face and heads of the three German dogs Plott, weimeranar, and German Shorthair and tell me there is not a resemblance ! Sorry to exclude Stampy, but, he's got a face of his own.

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Nice looking dogs Greg and Ray.  Thanks for sharing.   I love dogs.

Here's my dog Sally.  She's a German Shorthaired Pointer.  The light wasn't
    the best,  and her one ear is in highspeed position.

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    Here is Bubba, my 6 year old Weimaraner. Rabbits and squirrels better stay out of his back yard.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Greg, you can tell that's one happy dog.

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Stampy, named for Bart Simpson's elephant. +- 80 pounds, pure love, he is either at your side with his muzzle in your hand or at your feet. Not fond of being out in the dark 1st thing in the morning, loves to roll in the snow, been known to run with the deer, can hunt moles better than a cat!

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    Very cool looking dog Butch. Kinda looks like she's ready to spring into action.

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Belle's a good looking dog.  Thanks for sharing
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    roustabout149 wrote:

Woof, Woof!  That's a hello to Belle.  She must be a good friend.  I know my doggies are!!!  Bet she'd protect ya' from that kitty in the blink of an eye! :blink:
    Belle says "Woof" back atcha !

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    SDhunter wrote:

Nice dog Butch.  What's his name?  I had the privilege to meet a couple of these dogs in
    school,  but haven't seen one in years. 
    Gary
    It's a female named Brindle Belle, unlike any dog I have ever owned before, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    Woof, Woof!  That's a hello to Belle.  She must be a good friend.  I know my doggies are!!!  Bet she'd protect ya' from that kitty in the blink of an eye! :blink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X