Here Kitty !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Kitty !

Thought you folks out west would like to see this poster of the North Carolina state dog the Plott Hound. They have been breeding them here for over 250 years as big game dogs. Bear, Hogs and House Cats.

They make pretty good "Porch Dogs" too

"Plopp" hound looks more like it. Awww...What a sweet baby.

Comment

I love hounds. Looks like thats HIS chair!
      :lol:

Comment

Cool dog Butch, what do they weigh in at? And, do they have that much attitude/ cause your dog looks like a lover.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Cool dog Butch, what do they weigh in at? And, do they have that much attitude/ cause your dog looks like a lover.
          Greg females around 50lbs males 65lbs these dogs have a "switch" when they are hunting mode nothing else exist they have been known to stay on game for 4 or 5 days at a time. Out west they have to have tracking collars to have any chance of getting them back. Pretty legendary around here, google Plott Hound. The only US hunting hound without English Foxhound ancestry. They're "gritty", have to be to stop a bear or cougar.

Comment

Nice dog Butch.  What's his name?  I had the privilege to meet a couple of these dogs in
            school,  but haven't seen one in years. 
            Gary
            South Dakota

Comment

Woof, Woof!  That's a hello to Belle.  She must be a good friend.  I know my doggies are!!!  Bet she'd protect ya' from that kitty in the blink of an eye! :blink:

Comment

SDhunter wrote:

Nice dog Butch.  What's his name?  I had the privilege to meet a couple of these dogs in
                school,  but haven't seen one in years. 
                Gary
                It's a female named Brindle Belle, unlike any dog I have ever owned before, that's for sure.

Comment

roustabout149 wrote:

Woof, Woof!  That's a hello to Belle.  She must be a good friend.  I know my doggies are!!!  Bet she'd protect ya' from that kitty in the blink of an eye! :blink:
                  Belle says "Woof" back atcha !

Comment

Belle's a good looking dog.  Thanks for sharing
                    Gary
                    South Dakota

Comment

Very cool looking dog Butch. Kinda looks like she's ready to spring into action.
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Stampy, named for Bart Simpson's elephant. +- 80 pounds, pure love, he is either at your side with his muzzle in your hand or at your feet. Not fond of being out in the dark 1st thing in the morning, loves to roll in the snow, been known to run with the deer, can hunt moles better than a cat!

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Greg, you can tell that's one happy dog.

Comment

Here is Bubba, my 6 year old Weimaraner. Rabbits and squirrels better stay out of his back yard.
                            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Nice looking dogs Greg and Ray.  Thanks for sharing.   I love dogs.

Here's my dog Sally.  She's a German Shorthaired Pointer.  The light wasn't
                              the best,  and her one ear is in highspeed position.
                              South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X