No announcement yet.

Here Kitty !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the face and heads of the three German dogs Plott, weimeranar, and German Shorthair and tell me there is not a resemblance ! Sorry to exclude Stampy, but, he's got a face of his own.

Comment

I think you're right about that Butch.  I'm sure there is some of the same hound in all
      of them.  I know they integrated some hound in Shorthairs to improve their scent.  Stampy
      looks alot like my brother's Golden.  They're wonderful dogs.  They like to put their
      right paw on your arm.  It must be genetic since alot of them do it.
      South Dakota

Comment

Dogs are great. Best rock hunting buddy a guy could ever have. Thell keep you company, the bring back help if you fall down a well. And the will never pick up a Clovis point five feet away, smile and put it in there pocket. Here is a pic o my two hounds. The little black one is Tucker, he is an 8 yr old patterdale terrier. LoveS to play frizbee. The other is Ali she is a Belgian malenouas I think thats how u spell it. she is 3 and full of energy. Always in the lookout, good deer spotter.
        -Travis

I know..to many pics butt couldnt resist. Lol

Comment

Great thread everyone! Butch you are astute in your observation of the German breeds. I do not know much about Plott Hounds but I know alot about Weims and Shorthairs. The Weimaraner was a manufactured breed by the Duke of Weimar who later became the king of Germany. The ingredients are still a mystery but its believed to be three breeds including an extint giant red hound. They were near Great Dane size but the large game in Germany disappeared so they were bred with Shorthairs to diminish size and increase "birdieness".
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hey Kansas is your dog sitting in a red IH scout ?

Comment

Hey Butch, ive always been a big fan of the Scouts. The one in the picture is my 1969 Jeepster Camando. I'm a big jeep fan. At one time I had 5 jeeps. Now its just the one.

Here is my other antique. It's a 1970 Buick Skylark with 455

I like em old.

Comment

I like them old too. Reminds me of my old CJ 5, and that skylark makes me miss my 67 Buick GS 400. I still would like to find a scout.

Comment

People always mistake my jeepster for a scout. They are pretty similar. Those Scouts are hard to stop. They go any where. Your Buick must have been hard to part with. inch:  They'll have to pry the keys out of my cold hands. After I'm dead :evil: 
                  Thanks
                  Travis

Comment

Yes it was Travis that GS embarrased a lot of GTO's and Chevelles !

Comment

I had a couple of chevelles, 70-SS and a 72. Only lost two races with my 70...Problem was one was down main street of Reese, my home town. :evil:  Cops frown upon That! 6 points and I accumulated 11 twice. $800 bucks a year PLPD in 1978. inch:

Comment

Going to the 454 made a big difference !

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Going to the 454 made a big difference !
                            Especially if it was an SS LS6.
                          11KBP

Comment

Boy thats a beauty, you still got it ? I'm just glad I survived the late 60's early 70's.

Comment

That's a beauty 11KBP. MY Skylark is not a GS but it does have the 455 with a turbo 400 stage 3 race tranny.  It will geet up and go. And go threw some gas.
                              Travis

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Boy thats a beauty, you still got it ? I'm just glad I survived the late 60's early 70's.
                                  Lol, yes ...I'm surprised I survived. The 1970 SS454 LS6 came out of the factory conservatively rated at 450HP.
                                11KBP

Comment

Working...
                                X