Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With great power, comes great responsibility...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With great power, comes great responsibility...

I just got my drivers permit for the state of Kentucky! Yesterday I took my first test drive... on the highway, lol! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, I kept the speed limit, signaled properly, didn't get pulled over by the KSP officer that followed me, made smooth lane changes, so all in all not bad. There was one part though, when I came to my first curve, and almost ended up in Greenup county. Now I know to take curves and turns slowly.

This means that now I can drive to creeks more often, and therefore should be finding something soon. After ll, I'm going to need many practice hours.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

I think you’ll look great in a new 2020 Z06 Corvette !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a junked up, beat up, bucket of bolts. 2005 Toyota Corolla. When I turn 50, and not a moment sooner, I would like a Dodge Charger, with a Hellcat engine. Those things are amazing!

Did you know, there was a guy running from the police down south somewhere, in a Hellcat.. Not only did he outrun the police cars, but he outran the police HELICOPTER! I never knew it was possible to beat a chopper. Not that that's what I'll be using it for. lol

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve kind of kept up with the Hemi engines, and yes they produce that kind of power...I’d go for the Demon as it has more horses that the Cat.
      Only thing I don’t like about the Demon engine is that it uses the air conditioner at full load, to keep it cool ! Not a thing wrong with a Toyota, good starter, my pickup is a 1994 Hilux . 10 forward speeds and 2 reverse, 4x4... It runs like new ! I still play cassette tapes in the radio !

• Artifascination
      Artifascination commented
      Editing a comment
      All you need is lots of nitrous. It will make anything a rocket. I put a big bottle on one of my camaro race cars. 2 stage 400hp boost on a 600hp engine. It runs 8’s @ 150+ in the quarter mile and the front wheels only touch the ground for half that time. It is a crazy feeling. I have gotten out and hugged the ground more than once. It sure lets ya know how good it is to be alive lol. Be safe out there KP. Don’t end up on the news in a Hellcat either take JJ’s advice and and show them what the new z06 will do haha.

Happy motoring kp! No excuse to not find artifacts now
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Good job and why were the police following you is that
      protocol ?
      First car 1968 camero ... yep got a vet at 28?

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Routine patrol, just happened to take the road I was on.

I know absolutely nothing about cars, except that they have four wheels, and go fast.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Have fun!
        But be safe!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Watch the black ice
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Congratulations on this achievement. I learned how to drive when I was 15. Got my DL at 16 and at 19 I was able to buy my first car. It was a 5 year old 54 Ford. I had to finance the $750 I paid for it and do do so I had to get my mom to co-sign the loan as it was the first one I ever applied for. The note was $40 a month which was just a bit less than 25% of what I was earning at that time. Funny thing is now that I've had more vehicles than I can almost remember that the first one is the only one I can remember those facts. I can barely remember what I paid for my last brand new car and it was only 6 months ago. That first car will likely stick in your mind as well if you are fortunate enough to live as long as have I. So congrats on passing the test and the purchase of your first car!
            BTW when you turn 50 and those same Chargers are still available I hope you will be wealthy enough to buy one. LOL

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh we didn't buy this one. I inherited it from my dad, who used it to commute to the FD every day. That thing has well over 250,000 miles on it.

• sailorjoe
              sailorjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              Good for you and your Dad. Toyota makes great vehicles. I've owned a couple in the past. You very well may get several thousand more miles out of her.(Like my boats, I always referred to my vehicles in the feminine gender.)

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah the Toyota is a really well engineered vehicle ... My only complaint is that the Japs must have cast iron butts.If they were to put good seats in their vehicles , they’d sure enough have something !

Free at last, oh lard, free at last. Cool deal man! Enjoy.
            keep on keepin after

Comment

Happy Birthday, Ethan! Enjoy those wheels man
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Be careful with those turns. Guard rails are optional down your way. You makin' me feel old kid. Took my drivers test in the 70's. When every dad had a muscle car but didn't let junior drive it. (Take the station wagon son, mom won't be needing it.)
                Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Kentucky point
                  Kentucky point commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lanes, caution and sobriety are optional down here...

Have fun but do be careful. Remember, a car can be a deadly weapon and no texting and driving young man! No, seriously, I bet you will be very responsible.
                South Carolina

Comment

• Kentucky point
                  Kentucky point commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't even know anybody to text, so I'm safe there, lol!
              Working...
              X