X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full moon?

Is it a full moon? Just wondering.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

New moon is tomorrow.........but it sure seems like a full moon today Greg!!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

I was wondering the same thing???   :unsure:  :dry:  :silly:  :blink:  :S
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Me too  hmy:
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Well, this seems a good place to relate just how significant the effect of a full moon can be on a person. Everytime I hear a scientist say the moon has no effect on human behavior, I think of a guy named Joe. From my childhood summer home on Narrow River in southern RI. Across the street lived 2 brothers on a farm, Bill and Joe, the last of 13 kids and parents who leased the farm for $1 a year. No running water, no phone, no electricity. Still living in the 19th century. Joe was a character. Every waking moment he talked loudly to himself and imaginary people If you walked up to him, he would stop talking to his "companion" and carry on a normal conversation with you, in a Yankee accent that truly was as close to an older English, with many archaic words, then any swamp Yankee I knew. But, his most unique behavior was every full moon he would stand outside shaking his fists at the moon and howl his head off! One night, I was on my way home from the nearby university with my cousin, and as we rounded the sharp curve at the bottom of a steep hill, there was Joe in the middle of the main road, on a dangerous curve mind you, howling away at the moon. We pulled over and led him by the arms onto his property, telling him "Joe, ya gotta do this in the back yard, not the street, OK??. After Bill died, Joe lived for years alone, tending to the farm. In another time and place he would have been institutionalized but he was lucky to live as he wanted, barking at every full moon!
          Rhode Island

Comment

Nice read, Charlie.

Comment

roustabout149 wrote:

Nice read, Charlie.
                Thanks, Pam. Here's a photo of Joe on the farm, late 60's I'm guessing.

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
              X