Beautiful Sunny Day in the "Banana Belt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Sunny Day in the "Banana Belt"

I'm sure glad I live in the Banana Belt of the U.P.
    The snow is settling pretty good.
    My path around the house is 32" deep but it's about 6 feet where it comes off the roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00161.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	425723
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00168.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	425724
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Man thats pretty from afar. I grew up in northern England and got a bit of snow every year, not near that deep. It snows here about every 10 years (east Texas) and I do miss it, cold wet feet I do not miss

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Dave, I don't love the snow as much as I did when I was younger. lol

Got to give you credit Ron. We get our fare share here particularly with lake effect but nothing like you folks!
    Guess if you can put up with the winters it makes the U.P. so much more special.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Greg, I am just north of Lake Michigan so we don't get lake effect snow.

So how does a person get to work with snow like that? Looks nice but I wouldn't want to live there.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Glenn, The snow plows keep the roads clear in good order. If you want to hike you need snow shoes.

I like it Ron , do you get lake effect snow where you live ?
    Wyoming

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Bret, They really do call this area the "Banana Belt" because we get a lot less snow than other areas of the U.P. Being just ten miles north of lake Michigan we don't get the lake effect snow. The wind is usually from the North West.

Ron, the folks here, down south, we would probably kill ourselves trying to get around in that much snow. Does it keep you homebound? It is beautiful to look at.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Josie, The roads are kept clear. My pickup is 4 wheel drive and my Traverse is all wheel drive. We never have a problem getting out.

That's wild, Ron. We haven't seen a good snow in a very long time here in SE Missouri. I'd like a good storm like that but I wouldn't want it every year. I'm guessing that is accumulation from the past few months?
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Andrew, You are right: We get snow in November and it never melts. The snow does settle. It's compacted pretty hard this time of year.

God help ya !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
    X