No announcement yet.

Meet the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a wonderful addition to the family KP GSHP's are great dogs!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Josie, you want one of mine? .....I only got 6. Here’s my halfa German Shorthair, and behind her is a halfa Black & Tan.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BCDD4620-2FCA-4D82-96C8-CC021B615832.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	429004
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        You can’t give your dogs away Cc, they’d die of grief !

Really nice picture beautiful little pup

Comment

You'll come around to her bud. Just let yourself open up. Spend a little time with her and she'll be your best friend. That is a smart dog. Keep her by your side when you go walking and you won't have to worry about the rest of the animals.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

KP, just thot of German Shorthair anecdote. Few years ago, I was in favorite research spot (my bed) surrounded by lotsa books, markers, pencils, note pads, iPad, when Bella came running in from outside and jumped onto bed. She immediately dropped big, dead (fortunately, sadly) squirrel right into giant open tome on my lap, sat down at foot and waggggged her tail! I shrieked.....

Shasta’s prob’ly not gonna let you starve!

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            She bites anything, and is willing to eat anything that isn't nailed down... she even bit my big toe this morning, and put holes in my socks.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Love bites🐶!

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, love does bite. lol

Here's a pic of our catahoula leppard dog Charlie
          Attached Files

Comment

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooow, a Catahoula Spotted Leopard Hound! My friend “collects” them; she’ll drive from Georgia to Minnesota and back to adopt a rescued Catahoula. Never heard of them ‘til she introduced me. Her first was “Ice”, coz of his ice-blue eyes, which I understand is a predominate trait. Looks like Charlie’s got big golden-hazel peepers, as do some of hers (and as does my fawn Doberman Big Dog Oliver). Sure can see that tell-tale spotting on him that gives the breed its name! Beautiful!
            Last edited by Cecilia; 03-24-2020, 06:20 PM.

Another German Shorthair anecdote just happened.
          “Country” friend (from Avera , Ga, pop 278) sent her 12 and 15 yr old boys stay with me few days help with big yard work. They outta school coz virus, but she fortunately still working since huge company, which has gov’t contract, only had to send home administrative/office people, and she outdoor carpenter (plus, co implemented own testing protocol). This a.m. slept-in coz working >acre wore old(er) fanny out!

Youngest boy came check make sure not dead. Bella sleeps walk-in closet 15’ from bed (where Black n Tan allows no one sleep but me and her!). Boy quietly tiptoes in, Bella outta closet 1 second, barked—no small feat since had his hand in her month same time! She knows boy her whole life, so guess why chose not draw blood!

KP, take Shasha w/you whenever outside, let her sleep your room. Not only she hunt, bring squirrels to you, she’ll never let boogeymen get you!

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Shasta, like the mountain.

So far the dog has been a royal pain in the...uh...yeah, she's been a pain.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            And Shasta, favorite orange soda!
        Working...
        X