Corona virus reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona virus reaction

Last night I went to a local market . We won’t use names on any of these posts to start any problems .
    Entire shelves wiped out of toilet paper . Today I went to a larger store Big box only to find entire rows and the same story at all the other big box to small stores .
    No toilet paper , Sanitizer were long gone weeks ago .
    Nothing left in immune boosters I like the 1000 mg vitamin C but as you can see the entire shelve was gone . I’ll spare you with just 3 photos but wondered if anyone is experiencing this in their town .
    I am in Hawaii right now .
    Last edited by Tam; 03-09-2020, 10:19 PM.

I've had issues were I am. This is a complete over reaction. I think most of us on here like to do research and dig a little past what we are told, find things out by reading more than one take on any subject. If you spend any time looking into the facts behind Corona, you realize it's not worth a fraction of the news coverage. The hysteria is going to cause way more issues than the newest version of the flu, which is all this basically is. If some statistics pan out, it won't even be as deadly as the last two versions of the flu going around now.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Exactly ,!!!!
      It’s just out of control here and I can’t see what’s going on there and like you said the news / media is the cause of what I am experiencing . Yes like the flu take precautions but this mad panic over here whoa .
      To add to this we were the only people plus one in a restaurant the other night .
      Might as well take advantage of it now . Hawaii will be hard hit in the travel industry but like everything else over here it will recover .
      Like you said dates back to the 1918 Spanish flu .
      we survived the 2018 flu .
      Last edited by Tam; 03-09-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Tam, shelves in Richmond and Columbia counties look like just like your Hawaiian shelves!

not yet in Tampa Bay Area ,,,Florida.. ..nursing homes here require you to fill out a form and hav your temperature taken .
      Floridaboy.

Comment

As many people know I live in Hong Kong with my family for work, and it's been an absolute nightmare here and in Mainland China. I'm not sure if that's any indication of what's to come for people back home in the states, but it's a really scary virus for elderly people. For younger people it doesn't even seem to be as bad as the normal flu.

One unique difference between Covid-19 (this virus) and the normal flu that goes around every year is that it lasts a long time on surfaces and is harder to sanitize. Medical professionals generally aren't spreading the flu virus around, but in Italy, Japan, China, & Hong Kong the medical professionals and hospitals were part of the original spread. It's gotten into a few nursing homes (one in Seattle, one in South Korea), and on a couple of cruise ships, and in a big church in South Korea and they couldn't stop it from spreading. Here in Hong Kong & China it's hit a couple of high rise apartment buildings (elevator buttons, garbage chute handles, mailboxes, etc.) It might not hit rural or more spread out cities, but if it gets going in NY or LA, it will spread.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting

I feel like the media is trying to get attention for their ratings. I think its just the flu and it depends on who you are as to how bad it will affect you. I know a guy who has gotten paranoid about it like its going to be the end of the world. I on the other hand don't believe what I see on the news I think its propaganda. I live my life
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Crazy !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

The great TP shortage of 2020! A little flawed logic, but it gives me something to grin about. Im in the travel industry so I need a grin this spring will be interesting.

Comment

The government in Hawaii last week suggested that people stock up on supplies because of potential shortages. We left Hawaii for that reason because if something ever happened the. The island would start canibalizing itself within 2 weeks and there’s enough evil people there that if they don’t have then they take from you. Entirely too many people on Oahu and since everything arrives by ship or plane not a good scenario. We were there helping my uncle and when that cat 3 was sitting off the big island the shelves were getting hammered. My post is starting to get wordy and long but would like to add that there have been over 35 million cases of flu in the USA this season with over 100,000 serious hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths in a matter of 5 months compared to 100,000 corona virus 🦠 cases in 3 months. Statistically which one is worse? I see a couple scenarios playing out from this using a
              Last edited by gregszybala; 03-10-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• SGT.Digger
                SGT.Digger commented
                Editing a comment
                Would like to add the link from a cdc website. My info is a couple weeks old above https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm . If we factor in the worldwide statistics it would be crazy . I don’t even know the numbers

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                Ditto on to many evil people crammed in this guppy bowl .

Great link I had no idea the peak time was last month .
                Last edited by gregszybala; 03-11-2020, 06:09 AM.

Originally posted by Tam View Post
              Last night I went to a local market . We won’t use names on any of these posts to start any problems .
              Entire shelves wiped out of toilet paper . Today I went to a larger store Big box only to find entire rows and the same story at all the other big box to small stores .
              No toilet paper , Sanitizer were long gone weeks ago .
              Nothing left in immune boosters I like the 1000 mg vitamin C but as you can see the entire shelve was gone . I’ll spare you with just 3 photos but wondered if anyone is experiencing this in their town .
              I am in Hawaii right now .
              Your on the wrong isle paper towels are the next isle over. Looks like a Micronesian lady in background. I miss Hawaii

Comment

Yeah I was on the right one .
                paper towels are over one.

Comment

After watching a local news broadcast last night it showed how they are deep cleaning airlines to airports .
                  it went on about different areas . My medical friends said the flu is bad so if anything this will slow down the passing of other viruses and the US will get a good cleaning .
                  clovis giving my ICU friend a call to see what her hospital is doing .

Comment

• TJdave
                    TJdave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats a great positive attitude! Probably a bunch of people who would have gotten the flu will not get it now

Just a reminder folks, this site is neither political or religious.
                  If your concerns are about toilet paper, hand sanitizer, food, the expected deaths of friends or family and the like , please, continue.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Not trying to be an alarmist, but this chart shows the important metric. Death rate by age. Seasonal Flu is common but not particularly deadly. Covid-19 is unknown and initially significantly worse for elderly.

The numbers are inflated by the simple fact that really sick people go to the hospital, and the sickest of the sick die. Mild cases probably don't self report and aren't tested. The initial numbers are absolutely skewed too high. (But the same happens with the flu though, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has likely had the flu and didn't go to the doctor because I wasn't that sick.)

Anyway, encourage your family members to wash their hands regularly (multiple times per day), don't shake hands with lots of people and then immediately rub your eyes or pick your nose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	430038
                    Last edited by clovisoid; 03-10-2020, 04:29 PM.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Death rate, and actual infection rate are two way different things.

I'm 72, with heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease. I'm putting my affairs in order, such as they are. There is simply no way Jose that I would survive coronavirus. But, we'll try. The Mrs. and I will be isolating ourselves from human contact, to as great a degree as we can accomplish such a thing. She is a year younger than I, but she is a life long smoker. I quit 20 years ago. 2-4 more cases today in RI, I believe. Anyway, not for one blessed second do I think this is overhyped. There is no immunity, there is no vaccine. Everyone who has died in Italy has been 66 years old, and up.

Of course the media likes ratings. Is that a news flash?? I just shake my head in disgust at the people who think this is nothing. Hey, we all die, I'm prepared, my individual life is no biggie in the grand scheme, and I don't expect young people to panic at all, although I suppose some might anyway. All I know is that this will most likely kill me if I contract it. I'm starting out with 4 huge strikes against me.

Its not the 1918 Spanish flu, but we have known for years now that pandemics of new diseases were a huge threat in the 21st century. Anybody keeping up with that fundemental fact will never tell you, it's nothing, it's just the flu, or anything other than it's dangerous, it's a fact of life in the modern era.
                    Rhode Island

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                      Lindenmeier-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang it Doc, your not going anywhere. In the grand scheme your leaving out the butterfly effect ! We need you here !

• oldrocks2
                      oldrocks2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly my condition and outlook. Have stocked up for a 2 month lockdown and am hoping. Basically if we get it we are dead. Age health really a problem. No the sky isn't falling but better safe than sorry.
                  Working...
                  X