No announcement yet.

Corona virus reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting episode, calming and alarming at the same time!

Comment

Really good video on Coronavirus treatment and prevention. Unlike most videos I’ve seen about wash your hands and start 6’ away this has more practical steps than I’ve heard anywhere and also natural treatment if you get it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=39jPBk5uC0M

Comment

This seems to have been a healthier (no pun intended) and more civil discourse than I have seen anywhere else in the the internet world. Whatever happens, I just want you all to know that I love, and value, each and every one of you, and I am thankful that we can all share our opinions with grace and respect. I truly hope that we all come through this unscathed. I am grateful for the brotherhood that we all have, and I pray for the best for each and every member of this great community we have here.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto, ditto, Amen, what-he-said, and me, too!

Mass hysteria over something that has an extremely low percentage chance of getting infected, and a 3% chance of death. Young, healthy people were in walmart yesterday fighting over toilet paper and soap. It's ridiculous. It's those who are elderly and in poor health who are in danger, not these young people. In fact, it's only like a bad cold for healthy people. Covid 19 is only dangerous to those in poor health, or up there in age.

Believe me, I have a reason to be scared. My dad is immune suppressed. If he gets it, it is very grim for him. But we are not panicking. No one should panic.

Another thing is, that local governments are doing insane things in this panic. What does banning the sale of guns and alcohol have to do with Covid 19? Nothing, but a mayor in IL is doing it, even though there are no reported cases even near her town. My governor is doing something downright dishonest, bey declaring an emergency, and getting all of this federal funding for agency's that are suffering financially in the state.

Quit panicking, lets make sure we protect those who are vulnerable, and quit fighting over toilet paper.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I view it as practice if we ever become like Russia, lol

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Godson said can’t get TP in Atlanta either. Replied when asked “whatcha gonna do?”: “We only had one roll, but helped friend move big piece furniture, so she gave me 6 rolls!” ......Ah, friendship! What a Gift!

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a street dealer now. Instead of pills and weed, I'm pushing sanitizer and tp rolls.

I’m a health care worker and I can tell you we are in dire need of testing there’s so many people infected and aren’t able to get tested and potentially have mild cases and are running around emergency rooms and are getting passed down the line because many places are unable or they don’t meet the requirements even though trump said every American can get tested. I believe the amount of people has grown exponentially and it’s potentially even worse than the beginning stages of China when they started shutting off entire cities. Everyone at this point knows who is vulnerable. At this point prayer and preventative measures are key to everyone’s health and well-being. I believe there are many things that are natural that we can take and use if we contact that will give our immune system a fighting chance. Stay posty my friends

Comment

I have not read all of the most recent comments, but I have seen people question the qualifications of experts that project what can only seem like massive numbers of infections. I tried to give a take on this, modeling, and the assumptions baked into the models, because a model is only as good as the assumptions baked in, (that's Dr. Fauci's way of clarifying it), in a comment to Sailorjoe on page 2. The attending physician to Congress and the Supreme Court told part of Congress that as many as 150 million infections in the United States were possible. But, and this is a big but, that model was based on the assumption we do nothing where mitigation is concerned. But, we are doing something, so that model is not realistic. That said, being behind on testing will be one thing that will make things worse than they might have been. Now, here is a reprint of a New York Times piece that reveals there have been other models, presented at a conference last month, but the CDC will not reveal the nature of those models:

https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/13/the-wor...avirus-deaths/

We need to understand, the limited number of hospital IC beds, and the limited number of ventilators, means that we simply cannot afford too many people not understanding how serious this is.

The health care system in northern Italy is swamped. Tents in parking lots. Doctors deciding, "we will have to allow this person to die, while we try to save this one". That last part is actually happening!!! They are choosing who lives and who dies because they are swamped!! Do we want such a situation in the US???

That is why "flattening the curve" is so important! If we swamp our health care system, more people will die than if we are able to flatten the curve. If one takes the attitude "this is all hype", that's freedom of thought. But, if one ignores social distancing, etc., because of that thought, than one is being irresponsible toward our nation and people. And is that what you want to do? I hope not. Shame on anyone who acts that way.

Just came back from hours in the ER, with a kidney stone. It's still passing, but it will. I have had many over the years. But, here I am with 4 major risk factors for death by this virus, heading for the last place on Earth I would ever want to enter at this stage. I was worried, would anyone blame me? They grilled me at the entrance. While there, I heard a nurse say "another one who says they were exposed to someone with the virus". Think I like hearing that? Lol, I'd almost rather pass 10 kidney stones at home, lol. Anybody who has ever had to pass them understands it is among the worst of pains to experience.

Stay safe, and be responsible. I don't care if you think it's all hype, a big nothingburger. Do you want to be the one that carries it without symptoms, does not practice social distancing, and then you kill someone? I'm sorry, but I don't know what the hell is the matter with such irresponsible people. Smarten up!!
          Rhode Island

Comment

The ridiculous hysteria can cause more problems than the virus. I'm 73 and diabetic and I will live through this. Butt I might have to wipe with a washcloth.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you use the two T's intentionally? Three year old me is laughing my rear off now.

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL Yes Ethan. Glad you caught the pun.

Sad the reception you got at the hospital and hope you pass that stone painlessly.
            Your last sentence says it all, I wish so many would understand the risk they put others in because they are invincible.
            The flu mortality rate is +- .1%, covid is between 1 and 3%. Think about that, not 100 people dead, 1000 - 3000, not 10,000 people dead, 100,000 - 300,000! That is ten to thirty times higher than the flu and where those numbers are is directly related to how responsible each of us are to our fellow citizens.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Now the time to face a crisis has arrived and we argue if it's real.

Scary to witness the effect of the political division in this country.

California

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                I have never heard anyone say the virus is not real. That truly would be a stupid comment.

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                It's real, but is it really a problem? This isn't political, this is panic versus reality.

Hopefully everyone has made the necessary preparations of a few extras by now . I Just heard from a Coworker of mine that has friends with Military connections in Washington DC that President Trump via The Stafford act will Announce a Mandatory 2 Week Quarantine for The entire USA in 48-76 hrs. This was last night so any preparations should have or need to be made today Monday 16th . I Gotta take a patient to Erlanger Chattanooga today and I’m wearing my N95 from now on out when in public. The Government is rolling out major testing this week and they will have thousands of mobile units deploying to every state. We will start to finally see how far this has spread by this weekend as test results begin to come back . Aside from the doom and gloom and my need to continue working. I still hope to get outdoors to hunt morel mushrooms dig a could times weather permitting and catch up on reading my favorite book 📖 . Does anyone have any favorites they would like to share ? Here’s a link to mine and the various formats that you can read online. It’s a classic first printed in 1888 The Great Controversy . Be safe !! http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25833

Comment

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                This may sound crazy but I went to Lowes and bought some paint . If we get to where we are quarantined I am finishing with food etc but to stay busy I’ll paint the bathrooms and living room .
                I can only watch so many shows .
                They don’t need it but it’s like work so I’ll feel better keeping busy .
                Think about what you have put off in the house and fix it .
                And most is all guess what looking for arrowheads on your property if you can or near by if possible is no contact with people , exercise and a metal boat .

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
              Sad the reception you got at the hospital and hope you pass that stone painlessly.
              Your last sentence says it all, I wish so many would understand the risk they put others in because they are invincible.
              The flu mortality rate is +- .1%, covid is between 1 and 3%. Think about that, not 100 people dead, 1000 - 3000, not 10,000 people dead, 100,000 - 300,000! That is ten to thirty times higher than the flu and where those numbers are is directly related to how responsible each of us are to our fellow citizens.
              Well, with the parking lot at the ER almost empty, I knew I would not have a long wait. I suspect they were actually sending people who said they had been near someone with the virus home to self quarantine. I think I finished passing the stone last night. At the ER, got pain med via IV, as I was climbing the walls in agony while there.

Last night my wife developed the worse loud hacking cough I have ever heard from her. Just an insane cough. In bed since, but no fever so far. Stuffy nose. Obviously we are both hoping it's a cold. But, in our small apt., pretty much impossible to social distance effectively. And, as far as that goes, if she, God forbid, has this bug , well, might as well give it to me as well. Which is just to say as she goes, I'll go, come what may. That's how I would want it, but I pray it does not come to that for either of us.

BTW, for those who think this is only giving older people the worst symptoms and outcomes?

Roll this around in your mind: In France and the Netherlands, 50% of the patients with coronavirus that have had to be placed in IC units, are under 50 years old.
              Last edited by CMD; 03-16-2020, 08:10 AM.
              Rhode Island

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                By the way, I'll pray for you and your wife. Colds suck too.

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow Charlie I have been avoiding this topic because it seems it is everywhere you look these days. Prayers for you and the Mrs.

• SGT.Digger
                SGT.Digger commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m guessing you and your wife are better and not the Coronavirus?

I had three days of fever and hacking cough maybe a slight case of the flue . But I get the flue shots every year my wife had the same cough but no fever . And one of my sons came down with the same fever and cough . I'm not going into town until this thing passes the freezer is full we will try and wait this out . Stay safe

Comment

• cgode
                cgode commented
                Editing a comment
                Fluids fluids fluids Dennis....keep drinking until your urine is clear.....fever is not considered an accurate assessment with Covid....the latest info I have is only 44% positive Covid patients in China had fever on hospital admission...weird.
                Keep us updated and good luck!

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like you are healthy enough to stick this out at home but they said you can call your Doctor . If your fever gets over 100 deg .
                I am reading that people that have contracted it are getting better .
                If you don’t call the doctor just emerse yourself in great care .

• south fork
                south fork commented
                Editing a comment
                What ever I had passed maybe a mild case . I'm still sheltering in place I'm lucky I can dig for points at home if the rain quits .

Illinois closed down bars and restaurants except take out yesterday and Indiana as of today has done the same as well as any meetings exceeding 50 people.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

All the Canadian tourists here are leaving .
                Spoke with one on our block which is big on VRBO’s
                They need to get home now before they are not allowed back in . Boarders closing .
                My neighbors job is closing on Fri and people are taking a 20 percent pay cut .
                All I can say is I have never seen anything like this .

Comment

Always with the dark jokes: when spoke with 90-yr mom, told her couldn’t buy toilet paper and asked her what they used if ran out in rural Georgia; she laughed and said “corn husks”🌽😬

Will edit this with another piece black humor: Godson works in Atlanta big job with Apple, which shut down today. Funny, genius kid went home, made himself a “Quarantini”——vodka and Emergen-C!
                  Last edited by Cecilia; 03-16-2020, 11:42 PM.
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                  X