No announcement yet.

Corona virus reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

if I did it correctly....no promises...this should be a video of a doc in NYC that is very familiar with the current pandemic.....he clearly explains what it’s all about and will make you feel better over this current crisis...I found it to be rather reassuring
    Last edited by cgode; 03-28-2020, 01:57 PM.
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Cgode ...You did this right ! Everyone this is very
      Helpful and reassuring !!!!
      My very dear friend is an ICU nurse and is saying the same thing .
      Now to not touch my face !

• cgode
      cgode commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tam.....I made my entire shift that works for me watch it, they too were reassured.....then we sterilized our core living quarters and I outlined a new procedure for decon every time we returned to the firehouse from calls during our shift....those procedures will remain in place indefinitely now.

History repeats it's self sad . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartandhp

Comment

• Havenhunter
      Havenhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      That is not only sad, it’s tragic!

Well I heard on the radio we now have 3000 confirmed cases in Georgia. 150 in the town I live in. The governor says he doesn't see the need to shut the state down. I wonder what it would take for him to decide to do it. I'm still working trying to avoid people every day. Its almost impossible I'm sure its just a matter of time for me. I can't stay home without losing my job. I do feel bad for all that don't have jobs right now I'm sure its going to be a tough journey for all of you. Good luck but just remember to help people like myself stay healthy by not getting close while I am trying to provide you with the food you require to stay alive. 6-10 feet away please and if you need something in my area announce it and I will gladly move.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

This morning I woke at 5:00am in order to try Walmart’s Senior Shopping Tuesdays starting at 6:00am. Well shoot me now! Half the seniors in the county were there— certainly more than ten max. I was #38 in line and just about the time I was questioning my foolhardiness & turned to leave, the doors opened.

Caught in the stampede, I was swept into the store only to be greeted by an announcement over the PA that the store was apologizing for having ZERO paper products! Seriously? The third week in a row!

Walmart says it spends the overnight hours sanitizing and restocking. Take their word for it? No signs or stickers attest to anything having been sanitized. Of course 50% of the shoppers wore an odd assortment of masks, bandannas, & gloves so maybe it didn’t matter.

The shelves were clean of one thing— food! The aisles apparently stripped bare by the masses the day before. Shoppers wandered aimlessly down one aisle then another finding little to buy. Walmart associates apologized repeatedly while the shoppers around me reacted angrily or with humor.

I left Walmart with 3 bags, minus the coveted toilet paper, and headed to Food Lion in search of that elusive “white gold”. Imagine my surprise when I recognized several of the Walmart shoppers who had the same idea!

The store manager cracked open the door and told the gathering crowd the store would open in 5 minutes. “Have any toilet paper?” Someone hollered. She said “No we don’t.” When she unlocked the doors 5 minutes later, no one was there.

The moss in my yard is starting to look mighty good.

Deb
      Child of the tides

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear about the no toilet paper deb. I have to admit seeing I work in a grocery store I don't have that problem. Most employees know when it comes and it might not make it to the floor for everyone else.

• south fork
        south fork commented
        Editing a comment
        Now you know why those country boys all have cut off shirts .

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Not me I keep my belly covered, lol

Well I started this post because it seemed to start first west of me and I knew Clovis was already going through what I was seeing .
      If the trend is the same we are now seeing shelves with always fresh fruit and veggies .
      always meats and dairy .
      It’s getting much better every day and every shipment .
      Paper products still are on and off but coming back .
      Its getting caught up and I am optimistic about goods for now . Wayne is still working as he is running essentials .
      If I could only look for points life would be good .
      With all the beaches and parks closed you can still walk and ride bikes . Any outdoor activity you are seen doing is fine if it’s exercise .
      The tourists are still coming 800 + on Sunday why I don’t know . But maybe shelter in place in a hotel with room service if you can afford it is better then being in a high-rise in NY .
      To the guys posting being out in Nature Tom your area is beautiful and my hero’s panning for gold ! Bucket list but finding .
      Keep out side as much as possible keeping your body and mind in shape .
      who knows I might be able to get on a plane and make it to Georgia .
      Last edited by Tam; 04-01-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Well just heard on the radio 4000 now in Georgia have it. 1000 more than yesterday. I'm wearing my mask today.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• tomf
          tomf commented
          Editing a comment
          We should all be wearing masks.
          Sadly, there aren't enough.
          What we have must go to hospitals and essential workers.
          So, yes, make our own.

It's frustrating that Asian countries seem to have adequate supplies. At least that's how it appears in the news footage.

• clovisoid
          clovisoid commented
          Editing a comment
          "It's frustrating that Asian countries seem to have adequate supplies. At least that's how it appears in the news footage."

Tom, most Asian countries were short of masks for several weeks during the initial ramp up of this. Supplies have regulated somewhat, but it took a while to get them back in stores.

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          America sent 18 tons of PPE to China in early February. Right around the time when "people" were saying that it was like the flu...and contained. Wonder where the govt pandemic preparedness team that was disbanded went after they lost their jobs?

I'm posting a link to an article that I think is a useful read. It talks about how testing, contract tracing and quarantine are vital to beating covid19.

Social distancing and other measures taken are already making a difference, but adding a robust tracing programme might make the difference in avoiding a serious second wave. In states and regions where the virus hasn't yet penetrated, there is still a chance to avoid the worst.

I've heard Fauci and Co talk about the need for this so I hope we see it happening.

Caveat, I don't know much about the author of this piece and am taking his numbers and facts as true...but it is off the internet, so you never know.

Many countries are showing that the strategy of China, Singapore and South Korea also works in Europe - to aggressively find cases, isolate them, trace contacts and isolate them. They now need to keep this up. Italy is now down to a 4% increase per day - that’s a doubling time of 17 days.

California

Comment

Everyone listen to the link Cgode provided . The doctor in NY . My ICU nurse friend gives it the 👍
          it’s going viral as now I am receiving it from everyone .
          But look at the NYPD now over 1400 ? Is that right with the virus . Over here it’s first responders , firemen and now hospital workers .
          This seems to really relate to crowds and just not doing the simple things of sanitizing .

Alert !! If you have someone in your family that is still working like my husband they say put the clothes in the washer and jump in the shower to not infect your family . Now I am stocking up on soap .
          Just stay away and stay clean seems to be the big message out here .
          think of NY to many people .
          and yes tourists are still arriving ?

Comment

Well starting Friday Georgia is going on full shutdown. But of course grocery stores are staying open. So I'm still working. But yes we can wear masks and are given plastic gloves and sanitizer at the wash sinks. But I will still be working with the public. It works on your nerves I can tell you that. The announcement came down today and not 30 minutes after the panic started all over again. I'm glad to be home for tonight but tomorrow it starts all over again. I'm beat, very tired. Stay safe
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Josie that's what Georgia did the 1st week then the next is starting Friday. But they say 2 weeks I'm sure it will be longer they just don't want panic to be worse. As everyone we all need this to end hoping the shutdown will help. We all have bills to be paid. I hope it all will go back to normal soon.

• tomf
              tomf commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to echo josie, thank you for service too your community and please be careful.

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, yes, yes, SH, to expressions of gratitude from Josie and TomF. Copy that, ditto, amen...

Wearing masks is the new norm now.....for the general public you do not need a medical mask...home made masks are all you need, they keep you from touching your face.....keep your hands clean at all times and don’t touch your face...that is the overwhelming way Covid is transmitted. If you don’t touch your face, you will stay healthy.
            At work we wear N95 masks only when in close contact to a suspected positive Covid patient .... other than that a regular surgical mask is fine.... our supply of N95 is very limited and this pandemic isn’t going to go away anytime soon unfortunately. We are trying to stretch out our supply of PPE so it will last longer......eventually we will run out.
            My shift has been healthy so far...we work our regular 24 again tomorrow and maintain a high degree of personal hygiene.
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              God bless and keep you. I can’t do quick, witty, even snarky, when something feels like this .....

P.s. something occurred to me: when Katrina hit New Orleans, some of us who’d spent many happy summers there went down to help. We wore heavier masks than just medical-issue gauzy mesh; it was hot, humid and pretty horrific mucking out mud, fungus, mold, and lotsa worse smelly-things. But those masks weren’t so disposable;... guess those would be pretty impractical, though, for your purposes....
              Last edited by Cecilia; 04-02-2020, 07:11 AM.

Adding.....a friend of mine that has been a paramedic a little less time than I is positive Covid and intubated in the ICU as of yesterday.....I’m hoping he does ok.
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a family member in another state that does the same work and tested positive. I hope your friend pulls through.

Yes ... here here To Glenn and cgode for being on the front lines . Your work is noticed and very appreciated . Take note of your actions as I know you do and be safe .

Comment

Wow . that sucks Chris. Hope he pulls through.
              For all of you out there on the front line no matter what your roll, THANK YOU!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Stay vigilant Chris and Glenn...just put in as much fervor as you guys do when your hunting artifacts and I'm sure that'll help!
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Wife and I are on our 3rd. week in lock down. We are both high risk. I'm one of those guys that people made fun of being a prepper. We are good for 6 mths cept for meds which are delivered. Not so bad and are getting along just fine. I've lived 6+ months total under water in a steel tube so the house is a dream. Plenty of things to do and not having any problems. Hope all stay safe.
                  SE IA

Comment

Working...
                  X