Wood-Chip Artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood-Chip Artist

Thought this was quite unique. A Russian artist who creates art from Siberian cedar wood-chips!

53-year-old Sergei Bobkov has patented a unique technique of creating amazing sculptures out of Siberian cedar wood-chips. "It's not very interesting to do what others can. To create something out of nothing in a completely new

Rhode Island

CMD, those are incredible!  They look so damn real!  Reminds me of an artist in Mexico.  If anyone gets a chance, there is a suburb of Guadalajara, Jalisco called Tonola.  I saw the most amazing art work there, but the one that stood out to me reminds me of this guys art.  A guy down there made various birds our of strips of colored leather.  Looked really similar compared to these.  I wish I would have had a digital camera in my travels, I will try and find an example online.

Comment

Rhode Island

Comment

Wow, post more!  How much do they sell for?  Big bucks I'm sure.  Here's an example I found, but not the same artist I saw.  The ones I saw were more intricate and similar to the wood chip art, but this gives you an idea.

Comment

Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks for the parrots, Tyson! The article at the 2nd link says he turned down $17,000 for the eagle(sounds like a cheapskate offer to me!) and that it was not for sale. Man, talk about carving out a niche in the world of art!! More pics at the 2 links, Tyson.
            Rhode Island

Comment

These are all so amazing! I love the weasels!

Comment

Wow! Now that is one patient man. They look amazingly lifelike that takes an awesome amount of talent.

Comment

Astounding!!!  Wood work that resembles feathers and animal coats!  So realistic.  I'm sitting here waiting for the birds to fly away and the animals to run off into the woods!

Comment

I went to the Getty Museum of Art in LA and there were some wood carvings there that would knock your lights out. These remind me of those.
                    Jack

Comment

Thanks for that Charlie! Truly amazing works of original art. Ray
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                      X