No announcement yet.

What's worse than breaking your ankle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's worse than breaking your ankle?

What's worse than breaking your ankle? Breaking both...

My son was running on the beach after quarantine was lifted, and he stepped in a hole that someone dug and left open... 2 bones in the right foot/ankle, and three in the left foot.

At least he isn't missing school.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	449794
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

O, Clovis.... Celia may have hard time finding arrowheads, but could always find trouble...

I broke both ankles simultaneously 15 yrs ago, and now sport plates and screws in my wonderfully bionic legs. I’m sure was good bit older at the time than your son is now, I don’t remember ever having intense pain, as had when tore all ligaments before in only one ankle. I recuperated fast, coz did not like little wheelchair, and put back on my 5” stilettos within 3 months, a tremendously important event because I’m smaller than 99% of my peers and I don’t like looking up at their nose hairs. However, before I could get fully-dressed and return to work, I had to relearn how to walk again, particularly downstairs. That was a bizarre. I just shuffled outta hospital after both my big, full length casts were finally removed (Dr. Handsome had told me I could’ve had lighter, shorter “walking” casts after a period, but he felt I’d “abuse” them and set back ankles’ mending!)

So, tell Son enjoy all his girlfriends signing casts, and he’s got another (I bet) great story of “that time” he busted both his legs. Tell him even will be able to trot along 5” taller than usual in no time flat, if he so chooses! But don’t tell him that he got some dead guy’s bones put in ankles during his surgery! ......they always leave that part out their Pre-Op talk, so you don’t know ‘bout cadaver contribution til later.....

Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• clovisoid
      clovisoid commented
      Editing a comment
      He's 15, so should recover pretty well. And yes, his female friends have come to the hospital to more than his buddies who were with him. Kind of funny to watch how uncomfortably flustered he gets when his mom is sitting here at the same time a girl is here.

He was really happy when the orthopedic dr pointed out his growth plates are still wide open which means he's not done growing. (He's about 6 feet tall now, so he doesn't need too many more inches.)

Kids and their bones are very resilient. He'll heal up quickly. It will be a good time to read some interesting books.
    Cayuga County, NY Finger Lakes Region

Comment

Wow! That had to hurt!
      Thank goodness he's young
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Man that's a terrible thing to hear. Please tell him I hope he recovers soon. Accidents are always something strange that happens.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Ouch! That stinks...
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Jesus Christ !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Terrible news. Sorry to hear this.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Wow! Sorry man ...is that the son that was delivering the masks? Prayers for him healing!
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Talk about bad luck lets hope for a quick recovery .

Comment

Ouch! That will slow him down for a bit....
                    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Man that make me wince just looking ,hope he heals up soon .
                      Wyoming

Comment

I’m so sorry Clovis, that’s definitely not a lol matter, I know he’s in good hands though.
                        Floridaboy.

Comment

Wow, that really sucks. Hope his recovery is fast. Hope they didn't have to pin anything, that's the worst part, at least for me. Tell him good luck and not to push recovery too fast.
                          SE IA

Comment

• clovisoid
                            clovisoid commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Pins are coming, probably Tuesday/Wednesday when the swelling goes down.

That’s just terrible! Hope he gets well soon!
                          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                          X