Land Beavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Beavers

Man I just wanna grow my own tomatoes.... Last year these ground hogs devasted. everything in my garden and neighbors garden.... So I went and got a havahart trap... And used granny smith apples as bait like Hoss suggested... Worked great... I trapped 7 of these land
    beavers and drove 6 miles away to the reservoir and released em in same spot. 7 times.. I had suggestions from people like shoot em. . poison em.. flood em..... But I trapped and released. Because "Furry Lives Matter" Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200604_172934_3~3.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	460739
    ​​​​​
    SW Connecticut

So they have found their way back 7 times Red or do you mean you made 7 trips? We have them here to but they are called Whistle Pigs. Probably the same or related.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Glenn imade 7.trips pain inn neck but I hadda get em all. Yes whistle pigs are groundhogs!

I love it, lol.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

I have a havahart (tongue twister), and I've trapped many many many raccoons, and possums. We release them as much as possible, but some get mean, and we have to "deal with them". In season of course. We have coons that play with everything that we put out, and possums that steal things like food for the deer. We have a coon that takes down stuff for our garden every night, and we can't do anything until winter!

Do you have anything for bears? I found mama and baby bear prints half an hour ago near the garden.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to put a pic up in the random picture post when I'm done making tonight's contest

• cgode
        cgode commented
        Editing a comment
        Picnic basket might work Booboo😂

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        PIk-i-nik baskets, boo-boo- bear!

Red I have the same problem with Groundhogs and do the same thing you do. They just never stop coming. I've noticed they prefer certain vegetables. They walk across my bush beans and broccoli to get my soy beans. After there gone they walk across my bush beans to get the broccoli then it's the bush beans time and on down the line. They seem to know when your about to pick as well and get you right before.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Marshall... How u doing.... Yeah these pests are gone for now. I hope I can pick some nice fat tomatoes.

I'm having trouble with Bunnies. They are eating my day lilies. There are a few that I believe have taken up residence in my front and side flower beds. I can walk very close to them and they never move. My flowers look like a deer has eaten the tops but I think it's the bunnies. My husband has apple trees and the coons got every single apple last year. My 3 yr old granddaughter's heart was broken because she and her Pop went to pick the apples and they were all gone so this year he has engineered something so the coons can't climb the tree. She's reminds him all the time about the raccoons eating her apples so he had to do something. 😊 thanks for relocating your critters.
      Last edited by Josie; 06-11-2020, 04:54 PM. Reason: Stupid auto spell 😂
      South Carolina

Comment

Yeah Josie I havahart....hope u guys pick apples and I pick tomatoes!!!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for groundhogs, my first nice find was kicked out by a groundhog.

Well done for going the extra mile to give them a second chance to do what comes naturally to them.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. That's cool they kicked out an artifact for ya.

Man, I hope we don’t get those here ! We battling enough creatures !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes the jamaica bean sounds like high test. .. and yeah. The smoking is a sin. We have to work on. Agreed! Later man

• Josie
            Josie commented
            Editing a comment
            Jamaican Blue Mountain is the best coffee. I might not know much about artifacts but I know about good coffee!

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve tried it all Jo, I’m hooked. Now they call it Jamaican Crazy coffee.

I feel for you Red. I have the same problem. Wiped out my garden the past two years. They wait until the produce is almost ripe, just before harvest, then they take two bites out of each one and leave them on the ground to mock me. Still can't bring myself to kill the critters.
          Central Ohio

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Man I trapped and relocated 7... So far so good... I'm looking forward to some nice BLT sandwiches ... MMM ... Hope they leave u something!!

Last year I put in some tomatoe and something was eating them well taking a bite and leaving it hangin. I found out it was a Box Turtle . I moved him to the raspberry patch behind my neighbors house and he never came back. I am getting ready to go pick some of them next week maybe he will see me and thank me for the move.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Man that must been a big turtle Matt.... Yeah he probly likes them sweet berries haha

They love tomatoes and the can stretch their neck pretty good.
          Last edited by Hoss; 06-12-2020, 06:21 PM.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Have A friend they feds them can dog food, in his back yard. Taps the spoon on the concrete and here they come, just like a herd of turtles !

A friend of mine back in Ct reports he has had good luck baiting them with mango. LOL I think apples are cheaper.

Comment

Working...
          X