Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh Oh!...Ive Been Thinking Crazy Things Again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh!...Ive Been Thinking Crazy Things Again!!!

Actually Ive got the bug this weekend and it rained all weekend..Anyway under my fever I was thinking?..If I or anybody wanted to sell online like ebay.I would want of course to more than prove my artifacts are authentic right?...Why dont any of the sellers use Microscopes to show Maybe patina or wear on their points some of them supposily gathered themselves ,and i know some did gather themselves and forced to sell...The fossil people do for micro-fossils in fact there is a digital blue kids microscope that connects to any PC...could that prove honesty?......Like i said guys running fever...Nothing more..Jon

Hey Jon glad to hear from u bud u been not here all weekend. Im sick to just no fever, sorry man. Don't know about that honesty thing your talking about. When you get away from the real collector who do you trust (the I found this myself)??? How does this blue kids microscope work? There is life after fever Jon get well soon, dam'n I got to work tommorrow! night joeroy.

Comment

Hey Buddy feeling better...The crap that comes out of my mind...Blows me away sometimes.But hey! These kids toys magnify onto your computer 10x 60x and 200x..and takes pictures where you then can download on the computer...If you ever peek into the dinosaur category on ebay..you would see many magnified pictures from this toy..Most which are only magnified 10x....So Honesty?..I know man but i still have hope..Anyway heres a picture of my old one which only goes to windows 98 i need to update..but shoot they are inexpensive less than fifty..Or mine was new some time back..it lights up from top or bottom and the pictures?...unreal

Comment

Jon,
           That is a good idea but has problems. Any point, any age, with a little dirt rubbed on, will look "old" under a scope if you really want it to look old. Take a new piece of flint and put some crap on it, then look at it under more than 10 power- you will see what I mean. Then it would become a matter of interpreting auction scope pics (of the seller's choosing) to try to tell what is on the point in the pic. Many people will see dirt or crap then assume it's old. A scope in untrained hands is a dangerous tool, and I've seen more than one expert appear out of nowhere a few days into owning a scope. But in familiar hands, a scope can be a critical tool.
           On the other hand, if you own a scope and spend the time to be familiar with its proper use on the materials that you collect, you can have any questionable buys packed back up for next day return shipping. Or, use someone like Jim Bennett (www.oldrelics.com) who will use a scope and take micro pics of the good or the bad for you. The use of scope pics in auctions would be entirely dependent on who took the pics- same as having no pics at all, IMO.

Comment

Got the blues Cliff your right again...

Comment

You know Cliff has a unique way of turning what u think is a good idea into a brain FART. When u think about it he is right :angry:

Comment

I know but Maybe Ill catch another fever :woohoo: Some people cant afford to get their points authenticated.I mean?  shoot! It be a big investment for some of us.Especially when you got lots...Cant figure out if it should be up to us the gatherers or us the sellers to authenticate..I guess us the sellers unh?....A lot of times us the sellers cant afford to authenticate also....So the points we gather someone down the line has to invest to make money in them...mmmmm!  As we stand..........wonder if i can talk my kids into investing for the grandkids.

Comment

Maybe we shall think of another way some day.Who knows my points better me or my kids..uh oh!

Comment

Hey right now my kids could care less. They show some interest but not to the point they would like to learn to hunt. Think if I leave them to family they will be sold for what $ amount can get but Ill be long in the grave by then anyway. Maybe grandkids will be different and show interest in hunting. Would love to teach what I have learned and will learn.

Comment

Thats right Buddy...

Comment

With ebay I just stick to people I have dealt with and feel comfortable with Jon. Which I guess isn't a whole lot different then buying outside of ebay. I myself have never had a bad experience on the auction site when buying artifacts, but I have heard quite a few horror stories.
                        For me microscopic pics would do little to change my perception of an artifact. Coming from somebody like Bennett added to the description maybe, but really I buy from people I have established are honest and reputable, and stick to materials from Ohio that I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X