Edgar Allen Poe Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar Allen Poe Books

I recently rediscovered a 10 volume 1933 hardback collection of Edgar Allen Poe books at my grandfather's house. I thought this was pretty cool, I still remember some of the stories quite well. I just took a picture of one, they all look the same basically except for the volume numbers. Looks like the spins aged alot compared to the front and back of the books, he had them on a bookshelf between various books for as long as I remember.

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

I think I would have to read every one, .
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm probably going to start soon.

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I’ll read some maybe I’ll remember something I can pass on as you read, and visa versa...

Good reads. Those held up quite well.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg, hopefully the binder glue has held up.

Even though the genius of Poe is little regarded in this day, I remember well all his works. I did extensive study on the man. Chilling and killing, nevermore !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember the Vincent Price movies, the stories I really remember well was The Tale Tell Heart and The Cask of Amantelitto (probably spelled that wrong).

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I loved Vincent Price, in all the movies. The only thing I don’t know is if Price did the actual laughter for , “ Thriller “ . Come on everyone go ahead and admit you’ve watched Thriller over and again !

all will be well worth reading again
    Wyoming

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely

Edgar Allen Poe. I put him right up there with Carl Jung, and a handful of other men I didn’t know but sure wished I had...
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      You and me both C.

Look you see the copy Wright to be sure they aren't valuable. Never know on old books.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just checked Ebay just too see and I saw some 1904 editions not priced too high, some some black 1933 editions but I didn't see any like these.

Cool.stuff Mike....I remember ...The Raven......and. The Pit and the Pendulum...!!
    Last edited by redrocks; 10-23-2020, 10:43 PM.
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot about the Pit and the Pendulum, good stuff, I'm probably the only one but I never read the Raven.

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      You must!.... “Nevermore”
Working...
X