The Last Hernando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Hernando

Song :... “Tiny bubbles..In the wine...Makes me feel funny...Makes me feel fine.”...Don Ho, 1967.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2C61E46B-4FB8-4234-8266-23E404C6B363.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	506639
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 11-16-2020, 11:21 AM.
    Floridaboy.

Nice one would be nice if i had a few more in my hunting area
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hey Johnny, I’m curious, do you ever see em at the shows, ?
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen them there and there is a Florida cache of Hernando's which fills a whole case and there is a few pieces in there that they are calling Hernando variants which is almost like a hernando With wings cut off a stemmed point

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw the cash, I’ll bet he was on cloud 9.

.....make me feel happy, make me feel fine,
      tiny bubbles make me warm all over
      with the feeling that I’m gonna love you till the end of time...
      N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Well just chime right in why doncha, Lol.

Very nice Hernando family, appreciate you introducing us to them!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

What? The last Hernando? It could be the 1st if you decide to show the others again. There's others out there waiting to be reunited with their kin.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Sonny didn’t leave the rest of us very many, he has a fabulous collection. see it online Sonny Anderson arrowheads. great pics.and dialogue.great Georgia stuff.a special person.used to live in the Tampa region.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4D8822C-2E36-4F42-8CE1-247D5CF08627.png
Views:	188
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	506662
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Son Anderson, use to talk with him long ago.....

• antmike915
            antmike915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too

I got it! A Don Ho Hernando!! Nice .....you know Hal I saw Don Ho...at his night club in Hawaii in 1977...
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, I would’ve really enjoyed that.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Fake id, huh?!

Going with flow of Christmas tree brain, I digress here; but it’s Hal’s post, and I know he’ll be first to understand (and it is “Off-the-Wall”). In late ‘60s, Tiny Bubbles played often Hawaiian radio. About same time, was bridesmaid in wedding where bride and groom came down separate aisles same time singing “The Hawaiian Wedding Song”* to each other, and later Tiny Bubbles appropriate at reception.

Both had beautiful voices, but knew even then, whole ceremonial trappings lil’ kitsch-y, especially our gold muu-muus made outta heavy satin, each dragging two ft. train. (My mother had made them by bride’s design, and said “O, dear!” (her version of swearing) every time a needle broke while sewing delicate ruffles in uncooperative fabric):
          Click image for larger version

Name:	72ABB9C5-AADD-485D-94B4-BF9B824F8042.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	507110
          * trivia: “Hawaiian Wedding Song” adapted from “Ke Kali Nei Au” (Waiting for Thee) circa 1926 by Charles E. King, songwriter born in Hawaii of Hawaiian descent.
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow....golden muu-muus. Awesome..ur mom made em? What were u 10yrs old? ......I didn't need a fake I'd C...I was.23 in 1977....... now that we hi-jacked. Hal's thread. We must be reprimanded!!! go ahead Hal I can take it. Go easy on C though. I think it's my fault

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Ain’t she sweet, see her comin down the aisle...Well I tell you confidently ain’t she sweet....You folks feel free to paint all over my posts....That’s a very cool picture Sis., Brownie box camera.?

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Gold girl in middle; maybe 14? And prob’ly was sweet back then! Maybe Kodak Instamatic? Too bad didn’t start looking for artifacts at that age. Might could give you guys run for your $ now!
            Last edited by Cecilia; 11-17-2020, 10:49 PM.
        Working...
        X