Golden Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Memories

Brett’s goin for the gold ...I had my chance at it years ago,.My wife found what I refer to as the butterfly nugget.as usual I found the rest one weekend in Delonaga, ...that water was freezing cold, couldn’t wait to get back to Florida water to warm our hands,Lol, Any nuggets out there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5881110A-75CF-4D3F-82F2-8DCCDF32972F.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	508948 Click image for larger version

Name:	853F8855-00AC-4B9A-A389-48D2BF4B58BC.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	508949
    Floridaboy.

I remember a trip up to Dahlonega in the early days of my marriage. I was all excited and really had gold fever. we went to a stamp mill where you could pan for gold. Our find is somewhere around the house, a small vile with a speck of gold smaller than Hal's smallest piece, soon found out that was not the way i was going to get rich.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That describes our trip to a T...I think my wife grabbed the bucket that was to be used to excite tourists, and the gold was planted, that’s the way that goes...yeah there’s a small chance to find some, and of course the fun is in the experience......I forgot where I left off, oh yeah, in the next three hours about 12 folks never found nuthin..they were about to lynch us ...P.S.I did find those other flakes, but they were in her bucket ( she got tired of panning after five minutes, it was my hands that got frozen....After that first bucket I never found anything else, Meanwhile she took our grandson over to a dirt road and started looking pickin up rocks ( it’s a tourist thing, Floridians in Georgia pick up rocks, Georgia folks in Florida pick up seashells)..With the exception of Cecilia, she has been known to scoop up both..
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal the biggest nugget i have ever found is some ones crown at a swimming hole

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, gold is where you find it,, good eye,Lol

I'm not sure you have enough for a gold tooth yet Hal, better order another bucket. 😉
      South Carolina

Comment

I used to dredge for gold but when california shut dredging down in 2009 i started to get serious with metal detectors now that i am an official raisin i find it easier to swing a detector then spend 8 hours a day in a cold mountain stream although i don't find as much detecting as i did dredging what I do find is has more meaning to it. here is a nice 1/4 oz. specimen piece i found a couple years ago along with a hand full of dinks. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6848.JPG Views:	8 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	508989 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6847.JPG Views:	8 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	508990 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6850.JPG Views:	9 Size:	132.8 KB ID:	508991I think some of these photos i have posted before in the metal detecting thread.
        Last edited by beatup1354; 11-24-2020, 05:43 PM.
        Wyoming

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now, that’s more like it, I’m starting to get feverish,..Beautiful specimens Brett
          Last edited by Hal Gorges; 11-24-2020, 02:29 PM.

I've got two gold stories:

My dad was a bush pilot in Peru. In one village or town he flew into, a guy asked him to buy him a shovel. So my dad bought a shovel and the next time he flew back to the village the man gave my dad a gold nugget the size of a thumb nail in exchange for the shovel.

We visited a friend in California who took us panning for gold at her friend's place. Her friend told us that their son found a gold nugget the size of a fist in their creek. He put it in his friend's safe deposit box in the bank. His friend was murdered and the gold went missing. They never figured out who did it.
        South Carolina

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Was gonna ask if the natives ever showed you any gold...cool stories.
      Working...
      X