Revisit from the orphan buck !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisit from the orphan buck !

We had a visitor, the little orphan from last fall.

He's growing up !

I have seen him with a group of 5 young deer for a while now, this is the first visit in quite a while. Hope he makes it.

Y'all had a nice visitor.  He has the little fuzzies on his antlers!  Cool

Comment

Very cool Butch, just be real careful of him if he returns in the fall during the rut...they can be down right dangerous...ask me how I know
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Will do Chris, he is already charging the dog at the fence instead of running like he did last fall !

Comment

I hope he makes it too, Butch. Here's 3 that ran through one of my cornfields while I was hunting points last week.......

Rhode Island

Comment

Nice looking field, I don't think I would have seen them. I wouldn't be looking up !

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Nice looking field, I don't think I would have seen them. I wouldn't be looking up !
                 :laugh: Yeah, and that's usually the case with me too, Butch. One time a resident told me as I was walking out "you know they walked right behind ya!" :laugh:
              Rhode Island

Comment

Pretty cool Butch, coming back to visit the old homestead. How close did he get to you?
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

He came right up to me. I could have scratched his antlers, but I didn't want to encourage him ! He and the plotthound run up and down the fence. The dog barks and lunges for him and he charges her stamping and head down.

Comment

That is amazing, the imprint, bond, that still exists.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                    X