A Christmas Greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Christmas Greeting

Miss June and I wish all of you a nice memorable Holiday and may y’all fill those pockets with goodies in 21...Oh yeah, the photo, well, miss June said one Christmas, “I don’t care what you say, this year we are going to get Photos taken and that’s that”....The photo was obviously taken some years back....We met in junior high, but I didn’t notice that she was a girl till high school, that’s when the love bug hit...We married just out of high school and we’ve been married for sixty four years....I want to thank everyone for the support this past year, this forum is obviously about far more than rocks, Thank you all and a { MERRY CHRISTMAS ] from Miss June and I.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9C9F887C-2D76-4348-B56C-E25C37E8DFF3.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	519184
    Floridaboy.

Excellent post and picture Hal. 64 years of marriage; that's awesome my friend. I'm going on 6 this coming January. Merry Christmas to you and Miss June. Stay warm 🙂
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike, we have a freeze coming Saturday,I see on the weather channel,a storm named Harold came across your area.

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, too bad Harold didn't rain Newnan's, Hernando's, Pinellas, ect upon me 🙂. It did bring some cold weather though, actually going to have a cold Christmas. Looks like you are as well.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Hal. Looking forward to another year of your posts.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks flint

And what a beautiful pair you made for 64 years!…simply a loving, lovely couple, through and through!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      A very touching comment sis, a great year is ahead, full of possibilities..

Right back at you both. Be safe
    Missouri

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Outlaw.

Merry Christmas to you and Miss June Hal and thanks.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Your very welcome gregg.

Merry Christmas Hal and Miss June. Stay warm in sunny Florida.
    and keep um coming Florida boy, you’re a big part of this forum and I love all your posts....✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha, no sun for a couple of days, just rainy drizzle...Thanks for the comments Brad.

Merry Christmas Hal and Miss June! Congrats on the 64 years! Bet that time flew by. I've only been married 10 years and wonder sometimes where all the time has gone. It's great to put a face to the name. I enjoy your posts Hal and I hope there will be many more in the year to come.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I ain’t goin nowhere

Merry Christmas Hal and Mrs. June! Wow, 64 years is awesome. I wish you both all the best for a safe and healthy 2021!
    South Carolina

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie, you all too.

. Merry Christmas Hal and miss June!! Nice picture... I'm laughing when I think she hadda force you to have pics taken....and you wanted to be digging for rocks and pottery... She must be a saint!! That's a pretty long Rich life u guys shared! May the Lord bless you with many more!! You made a big impact on this forum in the short time you've been on here! With ur wisdom...entertainment and knowledge....thanks Hal!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m humbled Red, Miss June actually hunted ( doves, coons and arrowheads ) , fished, camped, we’ll heck, the only thing she didn’t do with me was climb trees. She did that before we met, Lol...But a real southern lady when she had to be, .

I pictured you totally different. You have the accountant/lawyer look . Happy holidays.

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      This pic reminded me older Dennis the Menace (or maybe it was his Dad?)!

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that’s the Hal we know. Observe the smile: notice how no toothy grin allowed to escape; yet, the lips turn up at corners, ever so slightly....uh huh, that the tell that whatever is going on may not be what it seems....

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, no matter how much you bait me I’m not gonna make a joke about that, Lololol..Merry Christmas Sis.

Happy 64 now that's a long time. I'm 30 + I stopped counting or cant remember. It's all about give and take in a marriage. You give and she takes, lol.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s hilarious Glenn, actually she keeps track, I failed math in school, went to summer school every year, she was a bookkeeper for J.C.Pennies for several years, drove me crazy, always had to come out to the cent, just kidding of course, if it wasn’t for her smarts an common cents,,,well, I’m just thankful she did it her way...

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Got to keep it exciting in the marriage. When I went hunting with BI101 I told my wife I was running to the store. 3 hours later I got a text lol. It said where are you at, ha ha. It was funny I did get in a little trouble when I got home but I'm fine with that.

Wonderful post. Thank you. Married 57 yrs. here to grade school long love girl.
    Have a happy year coming for all .
    SE IA

Comment

Merry Christmas Hal and Miss June. My wife and I had a pandemic wedding in October this year. Two months and counting .
      Last edited by Hoss; 12-26-2020, 07:13 AM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Matt...congrats to you and the Mrs.!!

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Matt, Congratulations...Them that hunts together stays together, and I’m gonna exit with that comment,..Lol.

Inspirational Hal ! Lisa and I were trying to figure out how long we’ve been married, just the other day...Anyway it’s between 38-40 . I figured out early in any argument that I always got the last say, it works too. A guys finishes the argument with, “ Yes Ma’am !”
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes, spoken like a true gentleman, God love em,
    Working...
    X