365 and counting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 365 and counting!

Exactly a year ago today I found my first point. We were in Coronavirus lockdown. My wife's job was deemed essential so I was home with the cat. When the cat and I started having lengthy conversations I knew I needed to get out and away. When I arrived at my brother-in-law’s property unexpectedly he asked “what’s up” I replied from a safe social distance “I going to find an arrowhead”. I found my first arrowhead a half hour later. So now 365 days have passed. I’ve found many more artifacts since then but the knowledge I’ve gained from the good folks on this site has been just as valuable and rewarding. The thrill of the hunt coupled with the joys of being in nature and that indescribable feeling of new find are as fresh now as on day one. I’d like to say thanks to everyone involved with this great site for making the last year more enjoyable. I’m still on the hunt.
    👍😃
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Yes, I remember your first post. And you’ve had some nice finds. Hit ‘er hard this year... find more sites, and walk “ pipe” field to death... you will find many more artifacts in the future....✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Uncle Trav
      Uncle Trav commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks North. It’s raining here now and we needed it badly. Muck boots are in the Jeep and I’m hitting the pipe field after work 👍😃

You took to it like a possum takes to persimmons...You’re now a veteran,
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Uncle Trav
      Uncle Trav commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣thanks Hal. I’m hooked real good.

That 1st point starts the addiction, well not my son I took him to a site one time in Alabama and about a hour in he found a 3 inch white Pickwick (I got skunked). I thought that would be the hook, line and sinker but no... he hasn't been back with me since, I asked him a few times and he said no so I stopped asking; he doesn't even care if I show him recent finds. Anyways our hobbies and passions aren't for everyone. Congratulations on your 1 year artifact anniversary Trav. 👍
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I'm glad you are hooked..good for you!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

It's fun isn't it? You took to it like a duck to water.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Its a great hobby . The pandemic has been unfortunate for all of us but you found a silver lining in this world. We are glad you did and happy you found us and share your finds.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Was a good year for ya. Hope this one is as good or better.
            SE IA

Comment

Working...
            X