Humility through Stargazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humility through Stargazing!

Every night that it's clear I go out and look at the Stars, Planets and Galaxies. When I view all that is outside our small planet Earth, I realize just how small a speck of dust I am in this Universe. It brings me to right size. I find great Humility by doing this each night. It keeps me grounded. Almost every night I also see Satellites streaming across the sky. Last night while stargazing I saw 6 Satellites one rocket booster and a super shooting star. That's is the most I've ever seen in my nightly visit into the universe. So If you think you are a big shot, go out stargazing and remember what I've said. I hope it grounds you and brings you to right size. Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Good post Kim.....I’m always lookin for UFO’s now but I usdta stargaze in my younger years when my peepers were better, now all I’m watching are cataracts growing..As far as my size goes, well, I usta be 5’10”but I’ve been whittled down a bit from that, Lololol..
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 05-17-2021, 10:54 PM.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      You know the same thing has happened to me. Maybe it's too much star gazing?
      Last edited by Mattern; 05-18-2021, 03:44 PM.

Yes Kim looking up at night is cool. . I check out the space station it's cool ....last night it was visible for like 6 minutes at 70 degrees ...
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      I.S.S. Yes I've seen it many times. Years ago I knew it was coming over and the Shuttle had just un-docked. So I took out my spotter scope. Guess what I actually saw the shuttle about in inch away from the station. That was so cool.
Working...
X