Got mulberries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got mulberries?

Picked Click image for larger version  Name:	1624128053334.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.8 KB ID:	564199Click image for larger version  Name:	1624128030698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	564200Click image for larger version  Name:	1624128030698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	564201 the mulberry's 10:00 this morning had the pie ready to this afternoon now we're going to have a lunch time for artifact hunting champions! Threw in handful of cherries too
    Last edited by redrocks; 06-19-2021, 02:19 PM.
    SW Connecticut

No it wasn’t me in the neighbors mulberry tree! Click image for larger version

Name:	1E00BB04-6B3A-4A48-B873-AD41BEA2AF7E.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	564203
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      That's funny Marshall these black mulberries I think the native Americans might have used them for tattoos man this stuff stains

Man that looks good Red, got to have a glass of milk with it 👍
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Ice cold milk and half of this pie. Is what you need after a day like you had Mike

Just yum !!!
    They look like blackberries . I made a homemade cherry pie once and it was the best I ever had . People use canned cherries just no comparison .
    But no gloves no pitter . I didn’t know my hands would be Red for days .
    That looks so goooodd! Warm with ice cream please .

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it Tam.... I got a big old tub of vanilla ice cream and later I'm going to make mulberry milkshakes you should taste those!!....or a smoothie....but shakes are a lot more fun

It's hard to beat a mulberry pie! Do you have Elderberry bushes where you live? If you do try them, They too are hard to beat. Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Man you know Kim I think I might have an elderberry bush I'm going to have to get you a picture and you could tell me I it's the first time I noticed but I got this giant bush with these white blotches on it they look like tiny little round berries on it I don't know

Looks good, Red. I’ve got fresh strawberry cake. Trade you a piece!
    South Carolina

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah Josie I would love to trade I love strawberries too

My grandma from Oregon made the best Marionberry cobblers. Your Mulberry pie looks scrumptious.

Oh, by the way, are you getting the berries from a Red Mulberry or a White Mulberry?
    South Carolina

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man it's unbelievable I never heard of Marion berry though that's different

the mulberries and dew berries did good this year, most of them get eaten before can cook them into something, wifey dehydrates them , the season is over for berries here now, tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash are keeping us busy
    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice... I'll be picking these mulberries for another week they're getting fat and juicy but my tomatoes peppers and all that cucumbers man it's going to be a while yet

Makes me hungry ! Super pie !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JJ I ain't finding no artifact so I had to do something

Had them in Florida what a treat.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Glenn serious man I got to pick more today theyre getting fat

Wow what a memory jolt. Looking at those pies took me back to the early 50s. We had mulberry bushes or trees on the border of our house and I would pick them and the old lady next door made pies and I ate till I turned blue. Wish I had a bush of them now. Thanks for posting this.
    SE IA

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah thanks for checking it out man I love these things!

There's a nice mulberry tree in one of my customer's yard. I pick a handful, when I pass, everyday. I've got that sucker stripped as high as I can reach, lol!
    Western Kentucky

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      That's funny mailman I'm getting out my 8-ft step ladder today got some fat ones up higher

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      That's funny mailman I'm getting out my 8-ft step ladder today got some fat ones up higher

That is a blast from the past. We had two big mulberry trees in our yard growing up.

A little gross, but eat those things all day long and your fingers won't be the only thing purple.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. True....u can see the birds do the same......u are what u eat

I used to climb Mulberry tree when kid in Alabama, stuff em in by handful. Wasn’t suppose to, and telltale stains mouth and hands gave me away every time! This makes want some now. Can taste your pie!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you could taste that pie C.. I could picture your hands and mouths and everything turning purple well these things are getting fatter everyday and I still got a ton of them left

That sure brought back memories we had a tree fort in one I can still smell and taste . Our old homestead had a large one right next to the house .

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool I love them you're tree must have been huge in California
Working...
X