Vacation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation!

Went to Mio for vacation. Some good fishing, and went to Mackinaw city. Also Fort Michilimackinac. A archaeological dig was going on. Four days went too fast!
    Karly being...Karly!

The mighty Au Sable river above Mio dam.

Great shots Mark. Looks like a good time was had by all!
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Looks like you all had a good time Mark. Have not been on a real vacation since the kids were younger.
      Joe.

Comment

I am so due for a vacation. The last few weeks have been so hectic. Mark looks like you had fun wish it could have lasted longer for you.
        That is a fine bluegill we call um punkin seeds when they get that big in CT.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Some great pics Mark, looked like alot of fun, think you needed some hushpuppies with those bluegills   :silly:

Comment

Thanks guys! We all need to get away from reality if its only for a few daze. We got several gills around 9 inchs and Camiel got her first keeper walleye. Spanky..Try Zatarains Crispy Southern Fish Fry!!! Its to die for! hmy:
            we got 10-12 more nice gills before Karly nagged us to leave...at primetime. inch:

Comment

I've had that Mark and it is a good mix. I soak my fish in hot sauce for 30 minutes or so before cooking , and use what ever seasoning you like. It makes it not so hot when deep fried, my nieces just loved it even when they were around 10 or so. Been years since I fried up some gills, thats a nice mess you had there.

Comment

Looks like you guys had some fun......what's a vacation?
                Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thought Ive tryed everything for fish but never tryed with the hot sauce...I will though! Smashed up corn flakes are also good fer gills.Even tryed crushed cheese puffs..... :sick:  not as good. :dry:

Comment

It's fresh fish catch Mark!! Nothing better than that!   Good eating!
                    Joe.

Comment

Great trip Mark, looks like you all had some good fun. Karly, you are one crazy looking dog!
                      Took the kids through both areas years ago ("up north"), had a blast on the river canoeing.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Great trip Mark, looks like you all had some good fun. Karly, you are one crazy looking dog!
                        Took the kids through both areas years ago ("up north"), had a blast on the river canoeing.
                        Love the Au Sable for canoeing, not too many drunks on the river either this year!

Comment

Way to go, Mark and family :cheer: Looks like perfect vacation!
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                          X