Get out, get gone and recharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get out, get gone and recharge

Well folks last week I was hauled off the jobsite in an ambulance with unbelievable nonstop pain. When we finally got going to the emergency room there were 3 cop cars, 2 ambulances and a fire truck. It took two shots of Fentanyl and another shot of some other pain killer and a pill of Valium to get the pain down plus a four hour stay in the ER. At the follow up appointment yesterday the doctor, who looked about fifteen said it was just a pulled muscle!! I was told to take Tylenol and if it happens again to let them know. NICE. I’m cleared to do everyday activity but not for work for another week. On that note I’m bustin out of the rat race and heading for Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. The UP is an outdoor paradise and the perfect place to unwind and recharge. I saw a sign in a small town years ago in the UP that read “we’re not all there because we're all up here”. Time to get gone for a bit. Thanks for letting me vent. Always remember folks that getting out in nature is some of the best medicine you’ll never be able to buy.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Not sure why the text turned to “bold” at the end of my rant.
    😂👍

Comment

My one vice...being out in the woods/creeks alone for a few hours. Maybe more "important" things don't get my attention because of it sometimes, but it keeps me from having way more dustructive and costly pastimes.
      Central Ohio

Comment

• Uncle Trav
        Uncle Trav commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you mean👍

Might be just what you need. Sure hope you feel better! Nothing like the great outdoors to clear your head and renew.
      South Carolina

Comment

• Uncle Trav
        Uncle Trav commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josie! Any excuse to get up north is alright in my book 😁

Had a cabin in the woods till sold it 3 yrs ago due to health and really mis it. The UP is a world away from everyday life.
      SE IA

Comment

• Uncle Trav
        Uncle Trav commented
        Editing a comment
        I know the feeling. We had a cabin up north on the Manistee River outside of Fife Lake. Had to let it go but I remember the good times.

Enjoy that week Trav, glad that your ok 👌
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Glad you're doing better, enjoy the rest. The UP's or up north is a good place to do it.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks guys. Three days at the Soo watching the long boats lock through and some time at Pictured Rocks has done me good. Anytime us downstate trolls can bust loose above the Mighty Mac is never a bad thing. Came home refreshed and even managed to procure some Bells Upper Hand beer to help extend that Up North feeling. It will be back to the grind come Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X