Kayak cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak cart

After pulling the trigger on a new kayak I found out it would be 6 months until delivery! I started out with a 150 year old work table a friend gave me...stain and like 10 coats of poly!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210221_154843-1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	576901 Dry run proved I'm not a carpenter, and had to reinforce base and add another cart and 4 more wheels. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210305_180404-1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	576902
    A week later the feet came in to build the sled. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_135621-1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	576903 Finally the kayak was delivered and the sled/cart worked perfectly! I'm able to guide it out of the garage and push the yak into the truck bed easy peasy! My lower back has never thanked me more.
    North Carolina

Cool
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I wish I had known you needed one I have one doing nothing in my garage. Idk how much they run but I think I paid 100 plus shipping
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• utilized flake
        utilized flake commented
        Editing a comment
        Paid a hundo for a cart or kayak?

Cart
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I see one like mine for 150 but they have plenty of other ones now days

Right on man. I put mine together waiting on the boat... The cradles for the yak were stupid expensive. The lumber was not! Buddy of mine has caught more fish than I'll ever see out of a $100 kayak. But I weigh three of him lol.
      North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve got a expensive one and a lite weight cheap one. I use the cheap one all the time. Other just sits there

My new one fights wind, current, waves, and large fish! Pedal power is a game changer.
      North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I need the pedal power I bet it’s heavy though

Looks like a successful project well done. Your old yak was definitely heavy!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Unfortunately new one is heavier 160 lbs rigged. But it has wheels Now!
        North Carolina

Comment

I used an aluminum canoe, them newfangled toys were not in use around here back when,..Lol...Cool project..plenty of storage for all those artifacts, never mind the fish..
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• utilized flake
            utilized flake commented
            Editing a comment
            I have an old grumman 16 footer... But it gets too hot in the coastal sun.

Work smarter not harder, you only get 1 back 👍
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I covet a mini pontoon to put on the small lake behind my house. Sadly the slope from lawn to water drops 70’ and the staircase needed to get me down to a floating dock would cost a fortune! Not sure my knees could stand the climb either!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
            X