Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/19 No cell phones or internet in most of southern Arkansas !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/19 No cell phones or internet in most of southern Arkansas !?!

Today at 10:30am we lost all cell phone and internet service. It was madness! Stores were closing and people were freaking out. All types of rumors were going around and I’m not even going to get into specifics about that but it was definitely making the situation worse. Some people were literally scared. Some looked like addicts waiting to get a fix just staring at their phones and rambling. Almost 8 hours later they got everything up going again and things went back to a more normal pace. Makes you wonder how crazy things would get if they didn’t get it fixed when they did.?.
    SE ARKANSAS

Makes me wonder who gained and who lost from that blackout..scary.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

It's a shame Places cant sell stuff when it's for sale, cash shouldn't have been a problem but is still sometimes. Had to laugh about The People staring at Their phones, like some b rated movie or something. Well hope things stay online for You all.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

smh
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Lol. Can you imagine what the effects would be if we had a solar storm, a coronal mass ejection(CME) on the same order of magnitude as the “Carrington event” of 1859? It would be catastrophic. Talk about being at the mercy of nature. Probably happens more often than an asteroidal impact large enough to trigger extinctions.

Activity on the sun has ramped up some this year compared to 2020 as solar cycle 25 tries to get going and it should continue to increase in the coming few years. The sun has been without sunspots 24% of the time this year which is below last year’s 57% and well below the 77% of spotless days in 2
          Rhode Island

Comment

Crazy man!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

It is scary and if you ever learn the cause I would be very interested in that.
              It's probably just a company's malfunction but there are lots of other possibilities.
              Last edited by Ron Kelley; 09-20-2021, 08:59 AM.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a problem at AT&T. That makes sense.

• Artifascination
                Artifascination commented
                Editing a comment
                I heard the reason this happened is because a huge fiber optics line was severely damaged south of Little Rock AR. Never realized that the lower half of the state relies on one line to stay connected.

Imagine what would happen if we had a super solar flair that knocked out all cells and satellite communication Will happen sooner or latter.
              SE IA

Comment

Just sign up for T-Mobile it will be like that every day that’s why I changed carrier companies
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• Artifascination
                  Artifascination commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It wasn’t a particular company. EVERYONE and everything in Southern half of Arkansas lost service.
              Working...
              X