Erased History ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erased History ????

we're did the NJ And Delaware mounds go ?????? had to have Ben here at one time I believe their was an attempt to erase a lot of history in the past but the www is messing all that up lol
    New Jersey

Don’t know what you’re talkin about Bull.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

The history of the Lenni Lenape is very confusing Bull. I have read more on the Delaware then other tribe. After the Delaware split from the Lenape they moved into the Susquehanna Valley There are no known Delaware mounds anywhere here. Through through their oral history the Lenape Started out on the East coast and migrated to Illinois. After some thousand years they started to migrate back to the East coast. Fighting there way here. They had a hard time with the Allegany, But finally convinced them to let them pass through. So in Illinois there are mounds attributed to the Lenape. But even that is controversial. The East coast mounds if there were any didn't amount to much, according to there one time President, Larry Snake. We had some great conversations about their history. There was only one mound that I know of, was in Northumberland County along the river. Not attributed to any known Tribe. It was destroyed by a farmer to level his land. And never excavated, all knowledge was lost, eventually built on. I suspect the same for any mounds in New Jersey. Anyone want's to correct me, go ahead I'm gettin old and can't remember as good as I once did, LOL Kim PS The Delaware now live on a Cherokee Reservation. in Oklahoma.
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Quote: I'm gettin old and can't remember as good as I once did, LOL

Of all the things I have lost in life I miss my mind the most.

I'm going to use that Oldrocks, A real good one. K By the way If you lookup Delaware in Wiki. It's full of erroneous information. K
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Deliberate attempts to erase one culture by another culture has happened since time began and still goes on today all over the globe. The main reasons for the disappearance and destruction of mounds and ancient monuments in our country was justified by the drive of Manifest Destiny. Westward expansion by early settlers, land grabs, agricultural farming on a larger scale and general apathy and ignorance all helped to fuel the loss of so much ancient history in our country. I’ve read many many times about how so many monuments were just plowed under and lost. Even a few of the mounds of the great city of Cahokia were sold off and hauled away as clean and easy fill dirt. local history accounts in my area are filled of accounts of monuments and mounds that once were here but are no more. Was that history erased? It most certainly was.
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I'm hunting a destroyed mound site now I think my cousins farm supposedly has three mounds were three streams come together but I could not find them. 20 years ago my grandfather told me about them ! archeologist were supposed to dig them up I think but I never herd anything else about them !
          New Jersey

Comment

New Jersey

Comment

WOW not really sure what to take away from that video.
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Destroyed shell mounds were used for fill and roads here in FL. The few that remain were mostly looted for decades before being "saved" for posterity... More than half for sure in my area. Wah. Middens are also "mounds". I am SURE your local inhabitants had middens all over, yes which have been plowed and developed.
                Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

I've herd stories about them on the Delaware bay off egg island but erosion got them !
                  New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                  X