lithics and time line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lithics and time line

Countless pre clovis sites are being discovered all over the north American continent I believe a lot of tools points and styles have Ben overlooked and Misclassified as to the actual age. because utter disdane for anything that attempted to break the Clovis first paradigm. I think a major overhaul in thinking is required to the almost unfathomable. discoveries being brought to Light !!!
    New Jersey

Such as ?...I’m listening Bull.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

The recent White Sands human footprints, left 21,000-23,000 years ago, unless those dates of seeds above and below the footprint layers can be called into question, should settle the fact that humans were here during the LGM. The footprint discovery also helps dampen, I hope, inherent objections to discoveries like this cave in Mexico:

https://bigthink.com/the-past/earlie...000-years-ago/

Most of our known projectile points have accurate date ranges by now. After all, the dates of known types are never based on surface finds, but on finds made in datable contexts. Here is a recent study calling into question the comparison between pre-Clovis and the Jomon of Japan:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...3.2021.1940440
      Rhode Island

Comment

Columbus mulumbus lol almost all the pictures of the great chefs I have seen have all had Roman noses. tad strange to me the Stanford paradigm is the only one that makes any sense . No doubt their was a migration through the ice free corridor but that was much later in time perhaps 100,s of thousands of years who actually knows I think we better start looking a little "Deeper Literally " into our past !!!! It might give us all a better look into our future !!!
        New Jersey

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          I kinda rely on the Bible for a peek into the future 🙂

The “overhaul of thinking” you refer to has in fact been taking place for awhile now. Where “the peopling of the Americas” is concerned, we have barely started to understand, IMHO. Archaeology is a hidebound discipline, and new ideas are not accepted as quickly or easily as many interested amateurs would like. Thomas Kuhn’s seminal work, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, explains how change happens in science. Sometimes, science advances “one funeral at a time”.

Think “the White Sands fossil footprints” discovery, because that discovery alone will necessitate the “major overhaul” that the conservative branch of Paleo studies in North America has resisted overall. It is going to be very hard to dismiss the fact that humans were here during the Last Glacial Maximum. And they may not have left any genetic trace at all.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Originally posted by Bullheadtee View Post
          Columbus mulumbus lol almost all the pictures of the great chefs I have seen have all had Roman noses. tad strange to me the Stanford paradigm is the only one that makes any sense . No doubt their was a migration through the ice free corridor but that was much later in time perhaps 100,s of thousands of years who actually knows I think we better start looking a little "Deeper Literally " into our past !!!! It might give us all a better look into our future !!!
          Please don’t tell me “great chiefs having Roman noses” is your idea of genetics and the Americas, lol….and the Solutrean hypothesis is certainly not the ONLY one that makes sense. We already know Western Eurasian Paleolithic hunters contributed to native ancestry in Asia itself, prior to arrival in the Americas.
          Last edited by CMD; 10-17-2021, 11:28 AM.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Some chiefs had Jewish ears and some had Viking chins.🙁🤔
            Floridaboy.

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              And Irish Eyes

• Hal Gorges
              Hal Gorges commented
              Editing a comment
              Are smiling 😊

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahaha….

Dub lays it out in this presentation, future of anthropology as far as "who were the first Americans" looks to be a wide open field of study at present
            2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

I have said it for years just glad to see some rock solid discoveries cool video !!!!
              New Jersey

Comment

I'm sure who ever the were they came across the Alaskan land bridge and beat feet across the White Sands leaving their footprints while rushing to Mexico.
                SE IA

Comment

Whoever was here first started out at Noah's Ark
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh .man Charlie that really complicates things...I thought I new the answer.....I'll do more research ...hope u guys are doing good up there in RI brother!

• oldrocks2
                    oldrocks2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And buried your saucer at oak island.

• CMD
                    CMD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha, thanks for all the laughs, guys. Red, doing fine in Rhode Island. My spots are all played out, but I can’t complain. We had our day, and then some. Hope you’re doing good too, Red!
                Working...
                X