Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Online News Sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite Online News Sources?

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    In this election year there's plenty of stories and opinions to think about. People on this site are from all over the country/world and are tied together by their interests in artifacts, and usually the land - what news sources do you use keep up with the present happenings?
    Here's a few of mine. Living in MD., I of course check out the obligatory
    Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/regional
    WJLA News pretty much drafts the Post's and generic API type stories, but you don't have to register to leave comments - a nice feature.
    WJLA is the local ABC affiliate for the greater Washington DC area. From our studios in Arlington, VA ABC7 covers national and local news, sports, weather, traffic and culture and carries entertainment and sports programming. WJLA serves Alexandria, Springfield, Annandale, Tysons, Reston, Ashburn, Centreville and Manassas, Virginia and Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Beltsville, Greenbelt, Bowie, College Park, Largo, Crofton, Annapolis, Hyattsville and Takoma Park, Maryland, and all the communities in between.

For the untold stories/alternate opinions there's the very good
    AlterNet http://www.alternet.org/
    To see what's going on in the SW I usually scan the local NBC News4Tucson

I'd like to find some other good regional places to draw ideas from.
    "How long, if this theft goes on, will this country still be here?" Jackson Browne debuts a new song at OCCUPY Unplugged and asks us "Which Side Are You On?...
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

A funny website filled with funny videos, pics, articles, and a whole bunch of other funny stuff. Cracked.com, celebrating 50 years of humor.

:silly:

Comment

Thanks gents, good links particularly alternet and of course cracked!
      One of my favorites, The Daily Show.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I'll have to check out Cracked - may be right up my ally
        Nobody else can deliver the the news like Jon Stewart - the Daily Show Rocks!
        Jon Stewart and The Daily Show news team cover the biggest headlines of the day.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
        Here's a couple more that I think are good:
        MetaFilter 
        MetaFilter is a community weblog that anyone can contribute a link or comment to.

The Raw Story

Comment

Here is one I like http://www.archaeologica.org/NewsPage.htm
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Here is one I like http://www.archaeologica.org/NewsPage.htm
              Had to bookmark that one - thanks for the link!

Comment

Man information over load, Im just now getting the hang of it,Thanks for everything!

Comment

Slashdot.org
                Yes, I am a nerd and Im proud of it

Comment

AndrewSchwinn wrote:

Slashdot.org
                  Yes, I am a nerd and Im proud of it

Thanks for the link Andrew. I like to look over the tech stuff too, although I seldom know what they're talking about   Not so proud, Don

Here's one for the head scratchers like myself
                  Great tune that I heard preformed by Tim O'Brien on his CD "Cornbread Nation". I thought more people should hear it! Go buy his CD!

Comment

Working...
                  X