Auto Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Repair

So I have to ask is anyone else running into problems trying to get someone to repair your car other than a oil change? I’m sitting right now waiting on a plug change which costs more than my monthly home payment. I had an appointment at 9am it’s almost 11,30 and still waiting. I haven’t left yet cause this is the 4th place I have been to trying to get someone to do the work this month. I wonder why so trying to be patient cause has to get done. Of course I have to get all replaced plus the coils cause nobody will replace just the plugs. Just wondering
    NW Georgia,

Well they finally took it back after waiting 3 hours but of course they ordered the wrong parts so now they can’t get started until 3 pm. I sure hope it gets repaired
    NW Georgia,

Comment

That sucks. Good luck
      Missouri

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks still waiting

I thought the coils don't have to be done unless they fail?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        They don’t know for sure which it is so I’m getting it all done. Says online it could be both

May as well roam the neighborhood, maybe get a point in the pocket… lol….✌️
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Asphalt jungle here had to go towards Atlanta to find someone for repair

fairly common situation nowdays
      Wyoming

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d do it myself but the bad ones are under the manifold

shortage of technicians? most all retail business are hiring here, service related businesses are backed up for months if they are good at what they do, if they can get right too you there might be a reason, worked service industry most of my life, we are definitely seeing a shortage of qualified techs at this time
      2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m thinking they are getting someone from another location and that’s why im having to wait it doesn’t take 6 hours to get parts

Tough times commin , buckle up.. I’m driving an antique..21yrs old, imagine that a couple a antiques goin down the road..Actually the guy at the garage said they got a good supply of older car parts around here ..Maybe find a point, feel better 🙂
      Floridaboy.

Comment

This is how I’m feeling right now lol Click image for larger version

Name:	AA6A4944-E678-4E0C-B042-4F3B1504D254.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	600042
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Hope they come through for you. A good mechanic is hard to find.
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Brought the guy up from Atlanta I figured they were waiting on someone

Well I'm sitting on the edge of my seat. Did they get you done? I'm hearing ya Glen, I know the situation. Worst is when you sit and sit and sit and they don't get it done and your stuck. Someone has to come and pick you up and take you home and then go back the next day and sit and waite again. UUGh. K
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I paid at 4.30 and went home. I have to work early tomorrow morning while everyone is sleeping I will be clocking in so I couldn’t let it go had to sit and wait
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Shops I've dealt with claim to be short handed: asking when you'll get it back just brings silence, and the 1,000 yard stare..

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Everyone is short for people but yet the house market is through the roof on sales. If nobody is working how is it possible they can afford all these things. I need a couple of people now working my rear off
                NW Georgia,

Comment

I'd find another shop! They could just see how it runs or run diagnostic after plugs..
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still running a little rough so I googled and it says might be the manifold seal they tried something new one year and it’s my truck year. They have come up with a better one now. The type of plugs for this truck last between 60-100k miles so it fits

• JoshinMO
                    JoshinMO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I see, sounds like problem on a Ford. Manifold on grand marquis we had was polymer like plastic and when it cracked that caused coolant to get on spark plug and coil pack.

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don’t kick in the V-8 very often cause the rods in the newer trucks are prone to bend
                Working...
                X