Finally in PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally in PA

Well I'm finally in Pennsylvania for good now, rendering my username moot, lol! It was a tough trip.

For those who don't know, I decided to apply for a railroad job in Schuylkill county Pennsylvania. I had a lot of delays, such as covid, ice and snow. It was very tough leaving my family. My brother and I are very close, and I found it hard to leave because of that. Even though I will be staying with family at my new home, I'm still quite depressed about it. My family and I have been calling and texting regularly since I left. It will be like that for as long as I can keep it up.

However I did have some fun in Washington county Pennsylvania at my other grandmother's house when I stopped there for a week

I did get some digging time in, despite the ground being hard as a rock, and found some neat things, and I had an incredible time at the antique stores. I'll show y'all what I found later.

Until then, I got unpacking to get done. 😁

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Congrats on the next stage of your life, enjoy.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

As long as you still have that point, the username still plays.

Congrats on taking a big step into adulthood!
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Good deal fill us in when you can. There’s a cool museum you need to check out when your there 😀

Comment

Growing pains are a pain and a pain times four and more Ethan..Take care young man😉
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Ethan , congratulations on making this monumental step .I was very close to my brother and know that void .
            But with that absence is going to come super duper adventures together . Trust me , my brother and I really got the trips and adventures going because of us being in separate states when we did get together . Who knows he may move around you in the future .
            Let’s look at the very , very bright side of this .
            Besides starting a career you have an amazing close bond with your family .
            There are so many that don’t !

Comment

So did you get the job?
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied and talked with the railroad VP, whom I have known for years. He said that he hoped to see me more often on the locomotives, so I have a chance.

What sort of railroad job? Just curious because I love trains!
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Railroad Freight Conductor. : )

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too Deb

Congrats Ethan can't wait to see your finds.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I believe Jethro mentioned railroads !
                He might be retired from that line of work . Give him a shout . Could be wrong , but nothing like old time wealth of knowledge .

Comment

Working...
                X