Morning vibes enjoy it..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning vibes enjoy it..!

Do you know Jorge Reyes? He was a musician who played with ancient instruments and synthesizers, his sound evokes things I have never seen, it transports me to the great Tenochtitlan ,this song is called to the left of the hummingbird, one is live in the ruins of Tajin. and another studio version
    . hope you like it!
    In chimalli in macahuitl

In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

Hi Tenoch. Thanks for bring this to our attention. I never heard of this man nor his music. Very interesting. His songs seem all to be in Spanish and because my understanding in Spanish is quite small (muy poquito) I did not understand his words but it is very captivating. Back in the 1990's I became very interested in Andean Indian music and it gained a limited popularity here in the States for a while and continued on into the early 2000's and I collected a lot of CD's by many different bands most of whom were from Ecuador. My introduction occurred when i was visiting Costa Rica on a fishing trip back in about 1992 or 93. I was staying in San Jose for a few days to do some travel to visit that area and other tourist places of interest. One night as I was staying in a hotel in the downtown area I took a short walk to the center of the city. I heard some music coming from a nearby park square that seemed quite interesting and found a small band playing a previously unknown to me kind of music and went over to look at this small band that was playing for tips. I listened to them for quite a long time and when they took a break I engaged the band leader in conversation. Good for me that he spoke good English as well as Spanish which was the language of many of the songs he sang. I told him that I thought some of the songs he sang were in a language that I had never heard before and asked him if it was not Quechua. He said it was and was amazed that me, an American, knew about it. I told him that I had been interested in the various cultures throughout the Americas and had read somewhere that Quechua was the language spoken by the Incas. He said yes it was. I have since learned that Quechua has many dialects. He also said he was from Ecuador but had received much of his higher education in France so he spoke French, as well. These bands play a lot of old time instruments and are strong with the use of flutes. So your mention of this has evoked a lot of good memories for me.

Comment

There are roofers behind Me right now listening to "Their" music and chatting. When I walked out this morning they turned it off and one said something about music, then turned it back on. I dont mind, ha.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
        X